Feedback on game status from 1000's of hours

After going back to D3 for season 24/25, here’s what LE needs (soon):

1. seasons! With specific rewards, which UNLIKE current D3 CAN be kept after season ends

2. SMOOTH performance, I play on Linux via Wine / Lutris and even this way, D3 is VERY consistent performance. LE is not, even in Windows, ground FX cause major lag, mobs cause MAJOR lag, this needs big improvement

3. Multiplayer (sorry!) - this MUST be implemented next, if you can please settle down on the CORE game, you really need #2 then #3 - STAT. MP in D3 is so damn fun, if you have to balance later, so be it, but PLEASE do this soon

Next two are personal subjective options of what’s needed, previous ones are objectively supportable

1. clarity in locations / goals / events – it’s never been super strong, yeah I know RH side, but the navigation STILL feels like a mess and yeah I don’t know how to fix it either, but the WORLD does not feel cohesive, it feels scattered.

2. SMOOTH combat; compared to D3 it’s very clunky animation (sorry!) If you play any skill in D3, you know what I mean, if not watch Youtube vids
    You need to start using D4 as a yardstick / aspirational goal for quality, because there is some SICK combat changes which look like year 3000 level quality.

I’ll try to get back into the game sometime soon, AND I don’t want ‘just like D3’ because it IS flawed (sets!) and I can’t stand PoE/GGG anymore (complexity/ just not fun). LE can be the middle ground and is why I DID fall in love!

Please take this as supportive input, I don’t need fanboy hate, it will be rightfully ignored. See my badge? I CARE!

Happy holidays, we love you all!!

4 Likes

Given the November mp update, the CTs aren’t going to get their hands on mp until q1 (which could be either Jan-Mar or Apr-Jun depending on how they view it), so I’d be very surprised if everyone else got it before 1-3 months after that.

We also can be reasonably sure that the next update will be 0.8.5, not 0.9 and I’d think that there’d be a 0.8.6 and potentially a 0.8.7 as well before 0.9.

:see_no_evil: I recommend the following thread:

That being said, Seasons will most likely not come before multiplayer.

Has been noted many times, is constantly being improved, is just a process. You can or should not necessarily put too much energy into optimizing things that are not yet final or at least far enough advanced.
LINK: Search results for 'performance' - Last Epoch Forums

The multiplayer mode is highly anticipated by many (including me).
The multiplayer mode comes with version 0.9
We are currently using version 0.8.4f.
About every 2 months a new bigger version comes.
*calculate
Patience is sometimes a virtue.
I rather like it “bugfree”.

Yes, there are at least 3 posts/threads from players about this every week. Simply participate and provide good suggestions for improvement/arguments. EHG listens to us from time to time. :wink:

Bordering hard on point 2, but also partly due to the basic structure of Last Epoch with its underlying “ticks” [time units/intervals of the game’s internal calculations].
[Weren’t those every 0.7 seconds or something like that? [Llama8 and a few others surely have this number more exactly in mind].

BTW.:
How many hours do you have?
→ I’m only at 2085 hours according to Steam.

For a game that is basically only rudimentary [MP is missing hard here] already quite good, I would argue. :innocent:

2 Likes

Expected development from my point of view:
→ content/performance updates → multiplayer → content/performance updates → release → bugfix/performance updates → next content update with “seasons”

1 Like

Navigation is a mess because minimap is WAY TOO ZOOMED IN(even at max zoom out). I keep putting in the forum that I need the map to cover more than just my current room, I want to be able to see the entire zone on the map if I zoom out and hit tab.

I don’t even know if the devs HEAR this complaint, never heard back from them on it. Even though it would be an easy fix.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.