Feedback on current runes and glphys

I tried my best to search out any active topic on this matter and couldn’t find any so if there is an active topic on this i’m sorry. After playing a while and one of each class I wanted to share some feedback on some of the runes and glyphs and where they currently stand.

Rune of refinement - Usually by the time I have an item with the right tiers and modifiers the risk of using this is too much for a little gain. Perhaps if the only fracture chance was minor, but have it add a lot more instability (so you can’t just spam em like crazy) I would be willing to risk the rolls alot more.

Rune of removal - Too harsh of a rune. Not only does it have a chance to fail (and has frequently on me) it adds instability, and rng of removing the right mod on an item. I know i can combine it with a glyph to minimize the affects of it, but now i’m using 2 items to get 1 result and still rely on rng of removing the right modifier. I wouldn’t mine seeing no fracture chance but still have it add the instability.

Rune of cleansing - what is this for? White crafting? maybe if your level 30-40 and desperate. Even then that low of level base items or implicits don’t matter that much, so again what is this for?

Glyph of stability - One thing that really frustrates me while crafting is using glyph of stability and not gaining a benefit. I feel cheated using this especially on a good crafting item (right affixes, ect) and get multiple 5 instability (meaning it did nothing)during a craft. a simple fix 1-4 instability range on a 5 craft. or even a 2-4 makes higher end gear a little easier, but not a lot and I don’t think thats a bad thing.

You can’t really separate fracture chance from instability since the one is calculated based off the other (& how many affixes the item has & what tiers).

Rune of cleansing discussion:

IMO they have some benefit early on but not later on.

Glyphs of stability, yeah, IMO they should reduce the instability gain by 1-4, so you’ll always get some benefit.

I actually did read that portion from that post, but as it was locked and it had several other issues brought up I decided to start a newer more focused thread. Yes fracture chance is based off of instability, but it also shouldn’t be hard to have a simple statement in there for certain runes to modify that behavior if they wanted to go that route. I’m not saying its the way to go, but it wouldn’t be a complex issue to get around to say only have a rune have a minor fracture chance, or no fracture chance, but still increase the instability of an item. Also, doesn’t the glyph of guardian already modify fracture chance?

I will also bring up the video broadman21 made on crafting, and he has used rune of refinement much the way I have and that tends to be earlier on when the instability isn’t too high and your fixing one affix or maybe two. Makes it a little more Niche and more when focusing on one or two stats on an item and not really on a high tier finished item.

Yeah, you could have a rune that reduced the impact of fractures by 2 levels. It does kinda feel like a slippery slope though & that it would make crafting the top gear (4x t5 affixes) “too easy”, especially when we have MP & trading & presumably you’ll be able to get affixes, glyphs & bases to craft on more easily.

I get where you’re coming from, it is frustrating to have a piece of gear fracture, but as I’ve said a number of times, IMO that’s the flip side of being able to choose specific affixes to put on gear. As compared to PoE where it’s a lot more random in terms of what affixes you get but you can keep on crafting as much as you want (unless you’ve corrupted the item, obviously).

Yes can be a slippery slope for sure. MP & trading can take away some strains on specific gearing, but that can be another topic all together. I think even with the slight change to the glyph of stability would not only make the glyph a little more useful, it would also help slightly in crafting some of the lower tier items into the middle/high tier items without making it “too easy”.

I agree with a lot of stuff here.

Rune of refinement - I usually use these at the end where I already have tons of instability already. I think the rune shouldn’t add any instability at all. EHG can balance this by reducing access to the rune.

Rune of removal - the current implementation is fine for me.

Rune of cleansing - I sometimes use this to craft an item that only needs T10 but needs perfectly rolled implicit. I think they should always remove all instability on an item.

Glyph of stability - completely agree here. Reducing it to 1-4 is quite an elegant solution.

Tho I agree with adjustments to current crafting system can be had I think the risk reward of crafting that final form item is worth the struggle to obtain

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.