Feedback - Class Passives

Hello! I joined LE recently. I came over here from games like Path of Exile where I was a theory crafter. I applied that theory crafting experience to this game and noticed some flaws with multiple classes. I decided it would be best to post here given that I am mentioning multiple classes, and mentioning LE mechanics

I will start by giving a summary of my focus and theory crafts. I recognized that all classes are end game viable (which is awesome). I decided my focus should be damage and range knowing that

Some bosses have stages or mechanics where having range is a good idea (if it is possible). Having a ranged attack means less time idle and or more pressure applied to the enemy. As I go through the list of my theory crafts, you should see that. I am going to go by weakest to strongest

Spellblade: Mana Strike, Firebrand, Flame Ward, Enchant Weapon, and Fireball

The problem with spellblade is that it doesn’t have Fire Penetration as part of its passives. It does have Ingnite Pentration but that applies to the DOT not Firebrand (not really). Firebrand itself does not have penetration or shred. Fireball does. Because of this, the raw damage numbers on the build were far behind my other tests

Blade Dancer: Flurry, Acid Flash, Shift, Shurikens, Cinder Strike

Blade Dancer at least has Shred as part of its passives. To further that, Acid Flask does have two types of shreds. This helped the raw damage numbers go higher than Spell Blade

In addition to that, Shurikens was showing to be a better group clear than Fireball. Fireball is a splash where Shurikens can be either penetration or richochet. If Lightning Blast had shred or pen, this may of been a different result

Marksman: Multishot, Detonating Arrow, Shurikens, Shift, Acid Flask

Marksman has perhaps the most versatile skill in the game. Multishot can be used either for group clear or single target (Giant Slayer Passive). It can be annoying to be on top of it though. That is why I ran with Shuriken. It gave me a reliable group clear that could avoid accidental clicks

I learned very quickly that Marksman has a much higher crit potential than Blade Master and it can out DPS it by far. Multistrike with Giant Slayer is a rediculous passive for a skill that can top out at 13 arrows base (5 base, 4 from MS passive, 4 from Marksman passive). To add to this, the damage reduction from Giant Slayer can be mitigated because you don’t have to go very far for the Sniping passive (+35% damage)

Paladin: Multistrike, Smite, Holy Aura, Vengeance, Judgment

Though the Marksman had impressive crit potential, it lagged behind the Paladin in terms of damage because this build automated some of its skills

Multistrike has the Bladestorm passive which will consume mana to refresh its stack making it an automated skill that I barely had to worry about. LE Mechanics does allow for my upgraded smite to be casted so it was a matter of hitting the primary target with Vengeance, then allowing my automated smite to do its job

Vengeance has both armor and fire shred which meant that it was a great support skill for this automated system

Then to add to it, Holy Aura has +50% global fire damage and 10% fire penetration passives. Paladin has 16% from Conviction passive (mastery) giving it a total of 26% Penetration at all times. Combining that with the Vengeance shred meant lots of damage

Lich: Reaper Form, Harvest, Bone Curse, Death Seal, Wandering Spirits

Lich has so far been my only build where I didn’t need to concern myself with range. Death Seal is a 5 second cool down, and Reaper form is 2 seconds. If I timed things right, I could completely ignore the boss mechanics and or stages… Proceed to whack away with Harvest and Bone Curse

Bone Curse has a passive to make it permanent on one target which is kind of like the smite auotmation. What makes it much stronger though is that this passive includes Marked for Death. This meant that my Wandering Spirits and I were both doing tons of damage to targets that got singled out

Harvest itself further compounded their siutation with the Necrotic shred and poison every stack. With 14% base crit chance thanks to Spectral Whetstone passive, I was able to turn this in to a critical strike build easy

This made the Executioner passive on Reaper form (+ crit damage), and Tachycardia (Death Wave frequency) valuable

Tachycardia, Bone Curse and Lost Spirits meant that for a duration, I was causing tons of damage with very little input needed. Combine that with my ability to ignore death on a constant… Very OP

Conclusion

Blade Dancer: It needs Shadow Cascade changed to include 2H so that it can be done that way. As it stands, it is too risky to use Dual Wield. It should be given the opportunity to use 2H in the build so it doesn’t have to rely on Shurikens for a good group clear. Lowering the mana cost of Cinder Strike may be another option

All masteries going forward need to include shred and pen as part of their kit. It is clear it has a big impact on the numbers and mechanics within LE

I would also recommend a duplicate skill system like what was seen in Wolcen Lords of Mayhem. Though that game did poorly with its recent expansion in terms of monster balance, it did get one thing right… the ability to duplicate the skills

In LE terms, it meant that I could have a shuriken for group clear, and a shurkien for single target all on the same bar. Same skills different passive purchase choices

That is all I have, thanks for reading!

Not sure which node adds a splash/AoE.

You can get that from blessings.

Yeah, I’ve been messing around with Bone Curse on Transplant (4.3s cooldown) & Cursed Limbs (5s of Bone Curse on hit) for full Bone Curse uptime. And it allows me to have another skill (Skellie Mages) on my skill bar.

Or you can proc it with Shift while DWing. It needing DW is for thematic reasons given the Bladedancer is focussed around DWing.

It’s free by default & can generate mana with the Sapping Strikes passive unless you take the Overexertion node which has the mana cost in exchange for a massive AoE on every hit.

Obviously it does, but I kinda disagree, all of them can to some degree, except the Void Knight & that can get ridiculous amounts of flat void spell damage from Vitality. I don’t think that every mastery or build should get pen & shred included as part of the skill & passive tree by default as that would make them too similar & lacking variety. But don’t forget that you can get shred from blessings if you want to. So every build can already get shred & the vast majority get some form of shred &/or pen from passives (I didn’t check skill trees 'cause I couldn’t be arsed).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.