Feedback across characters from level 1 - corruption ~200 after 300+ hours

Honestly they should start by returning mono’s to starting at 0 corruption at this point so weaker builds can reach full build before pushing. They could add increased corruption gain or a mono like the cleanse to take you to 100. I mean it honestly doesnt take alot of time to gain corruption if your build smashes anyways, but some weaker builds might not even achieve blessings let along newer players just getting stomped at 100. Its also really annoying to have to gear just for 100 corruption to get blessings then immediately regear once you get your blessings.

That would be a very very bad way to handle it.

Empowered monoliths are a clear-cut rise in difficulty, by design even. Not only do you raise the enemy level to 100 but also get a baseline 100 corruption.

Having solely the enemies at 100 would make them not even remotely harder then unpowered monoliths, so no difference.
Then playing up all timelines to 100 (yes, all, since we have all of them at 100) will take you a decent chunk of time. Given you will likely not have a speed-clear build by that time I imagine it’ll take ~20 hours for a new player at least to even reach ‘the starting point’.

Also I’ll argument that any build which can’t clear a baseline empowered monolith has serious failed choices made. Not small ones… vast ones. I have yet to find a single build which can’t utterly stomp that sort of content with the natural progression.

I also think it’s important to reign in the powercreep early. D3 became trash at the point, when bounties, regular rifts and uber bosses even on t13 turned into pushovers leaving only GRs for characters a few hours into the season.

And GRs are very similar to corruption, it’s an arbitrary number that changes nothing quality-wise but only quantity-wise - mobs get more damage/health and drop slightly more stuff, but nothing really changes. Except it takes waaaay to long to reach the limits of a character when 2k is doable yet Orobyss grants like 20-30.

In order to flourish we should strive for an endgame, where tier4 dungeons are relevant (difficulty-wise) for as long as possible, so there can be variety in our day-to-day gameplay. Yes, dungeons need some rework (backtracking sucks big time) and we need more endgame avenues beyond that, but I wanted to make a point against powercreep.

1 Like

Youre talking pure meta builds there. There is very little in between at the moment. And if im being honest if i wanted to play pure meta builds off build guides id just go play PoE, it does it much better.

No, I’m not talking ‘meta builds’.

I’m talking about any straight-forward ‘don’t overthink’ build for any available skill as a focus in the current game.

I had the same argumentation about a ‘lightning based spellblade’ which was deemed to be ‘unplayable and can’t even reach empowered monoliths’.

I even went along out of curiosity and tried to make a pure lightning focused spellblade and finished it at level 78. Yes, it wasn’t in empowered monoliths yet but it had the capacity to reach towards around 150 corruption there before I stopped.

I even went along and limited myself heavily by not using MG or CoF (I only unlocked MG for some future favor) as well as using only items I personally found and limiting myself to using a single stash tab for the duration of the try… with every item being removed from it deemed as unusable for this character, solely for sale should something actually drop.

I still, to date, have to find a single non-viable build for empowered monoliths… or even one which needs some actual effort to reach empowered monoliths.

1 Like

so it didnt do the thing you said it can do and you made no attempt to do it?

words are meaningless.

Your argumentation was about a pure lightning based spellblade, hence your personal skills focusing on that.

Picking up a weapon which gives you flat damage is not against that notion, neither is a decoy-like skill reducing damage uptime of enemies against you with a teleport.

What I provided was still a pure lightning based spellblade, 99% of the damage comes from his lightning skills.

Being butthurt about being told you’re wrong doesn’t change the reality of the situation, and you can always over-limit anything in life to turn into a non-viable situation for… well… anything.

Afraid of nerfing is a sad thing to see.

1 Like