Epoch Runner Coming Soon

New mode coming to Last Epoch… possible spin off if it becomes super popular. Let us know what you think below :point_down:

14 Likes

I would say skyrim flashback if it wasn’t for the sound (what the hell was that).
new camera angle would be great but I know from developer stream its alot of work and other things take priority.

Is this Camera Angle Actually coming to LE?!?! Thats Awesome

That’s not a camera angle I like. Basically, you’re watching the back of a running guy. The zoom rate on the guy is good though, but I’m really not a fan of games with such a view.
The video it still fun though!

Very MMOish and as a long time MMO player I find that POV quite natural. I like it.

I only want to hear that sound track once though :slight_smile:

Epoch run! Running and jumping to collect shards! Do it!

Amei :clap::clap::heart::heart:

This views makes me want to cut tree and build home ! :houses:

A new hint for the last shapeshift… MACAQUE FORM! Make enemys flee from your aggressiv fapping powers and if they don’t run just poop and throw it at them.

Well at least it sounds like a bunch of small apes looking for the stolen coconut.

2 Likes

Thinks about being a Lightning Sorc using forked Lightning Blast in this camera angle.
Is reminded of his Sith Lord in KoTOR:II force storming packs to ash.
Things you never knew you missed and want back…

I conditionally like it.

A lot’ll depend on the following for me:

1. How seamless the transition will be from over the shoulder to standard. Given the major disadvantage of sacrificing vision for literally nothing, I imagine a lot of perspective swapping will happen.

2. The addition of some means of detecting loot/mobs behind the character, indicators for where attacks are coming from.

3. Targeting reticle for abilities, some means of controlling where an ability lands. I don’t always want to teleport, shift, lunge, or dancing strikes to max distance.

4. Changes to mobs so that one shot-type abilities are always marked by some kind of red circle with indicators that show roughly how much time you have to get out since you can’t see the tells of abilities from behind.

I loved Hellgate so I think I can enjoy this mode as well.:heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

i think it would be cool.
only concern is in this game stuff comes from every where all the time how can you play a game and defend avoid everything if thats all you can see. just dont think that view style will let us survive in end game very well

Looking forward to playing this on my phone, though it appears to be missing a duck/roll mechanic.

I feel like this will exacerbate existing issues with misleading minimaps, inability to use movement skills to travel over small gaps (like off a ledge), etc.

Just to be ultra clear to everyone, this isn’t a serious thing. On Fridays we like to post fun little jokes like this. We aren’t actually adding this camera angle to the game.

I know most people realize it’s a joke but I’ve seen enough serious looking replies that I thought it might be necessary to be clear.

:grinning:

6 Likes

:banana::monkey::banana: rEtuRn 2 MoNke :banana::monkey::banana:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.