Enter portal to Imperial Era Game crashes

Upon entering the portal to the Imperial Era to begin the Immortal Empire quest the game crashes. I get the tunnel wibbly wobbly timey wimey animation and as soon as I see my character an error message flashes and the game crashes. I have verified game files through steam, video drivers are up to date, and restarted my PC. A previous somewhat related bug post mentioned disabling audio to the game which I also did. Thanks Player.log (49.0 KB)
I can not progress the game any further at this point. Log is attached.

These crashes are difficult to find the source of. We have a guide here on what else you could provide in order to help us find this issue: https://support.lastepoch.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406713759515-How-to-Get-Help-with-Crashing-Issues

Hey there… Welcome to the forum…

As Hybridlyte mentioned, its hard to figure out the crashes and more info is needed (le_graphicsmanger.ini, dxdiag report output)…

Looking at your Player.log, the game is crashing on nvwgf2umx.dll which is part of the Nvidia GPU Drivers…

Without more info I would guess that the issue is Driver related… and/or it could be related to the in-game settings you have chosen based on the available system resources you have.

For the driver… I know you said that you have checked that they are up to date, but have you done a clean safe mode driver installation? If you just do a normal driver upgrade, the installation doesnt remove old problem files and potentially doesnt replace files that may be corrupted… If you dont know how to do this manually, then use something like DDU.

Your GPU is a GTX 970 - which is just a little slower than the recommended GPU for LE right now - a 1060… However, because of the beta unoptimised state of the game right now, you shouldnt assume that “recommended” means you can run the game on high settings…

There are known performance related stability problems in the game right now that happen more often than not when loading into a new area/map… Based on your description, I would guess that this is what is happening on your system.

Also, the Immortal Summit map is particularly resource hungry so it could be a factor in what you are experiencing.

As a test… Please set your in-game config to 1080p, 50fps framerate limited(very important), all quality settings to very low., all special features like aa, grass, shadows disabled or on its lowest settings.

Without ANY other applications running (to save resources), play the game for a while, and do the same things that made it crash before…

If its stable, then that would confirm the issue and you just have to be conservative with your settings to keep the game stable.

If its still crashing then there is something else going on and the extra info requested above would be important.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.