Emperor of Corpses with Speed modifiers

Figured, that the Emperor of corpses boss “charging breath followed by explosion” ability cast speed scales with modifiers like for example “Frenzy”. This can completely prevent you from escaping it, before it explodes and most likely kills you. On my paladin with t5 speed boots, i can then only get out if i manage to lunge to a zombie. I really dont think this specific ability should scale with speed modifiers.

Taking or having such modifiers up is completely in the players hand.

If you don’t have an ability that can facetank or escape it, just do a few more echoes until this modifiers runs out.

Having specific modifers being extra easy or extra hard for certain bosses is part fo learning and mastering the whole system IMO.

4 Likes

I would agree if my paladin was able to lunge in a direction without needing a target. Since it doesnt, i dont.

I can see, why this can be frustrating, especially if you didn’t know before and get caught offguard.
But taking Lunge instead of Shield Rush is a build decision, you could also take Rebuke.

You can even use Rebuke unspecced, just for this one boss fight to facetank the AoE Blast.

2 Likes

Allright, thanks for the tip i will try rebuke then. I still think however that movement skills should be equal between classes. But thats another discussion i guess.

1 Like

Yeah it would be a bit off-topic to dive too deep into this discussion.

But i prefer every aspect of classes to be a little bit unique, to keep a very distinct class identity.

If you wanna use a nontarget movement skill, you can still use Shield Rush.

Also keep in Mind that Sentinel literally has 3 different movement skills.
Acolyte and Mage do have 2 (one being spellblade exclusive)
And Rogue and Primalist only have 1 movement skill.

And all movement skills except Teleport and Transplant feel very distinct, i like that.

Lunge needing a target does not make Heavy’s point any less valid. Now you know that some modifiers are bad for certain bosses.

2 Likes

I didnt devalue his point. I didnt agree because i find the movement skills between classes not equivalent. But like i said before, thats a different discussion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.