Elemental Army Build /w Skeletons & Wraiths | 600c

Lich’s Scorn (the catalyst in use) converts Dread Shade to Cold. So the Minion are a bit more “coldy” than it first appears.

2 Likes

Do you have some node suggestions for infernal shade? I’ve tried to use it before and can’t consistently get more than 1-2 infernal shades when running echoes and bosses. The only time I can get to 4 is when there are dense monster packs.

1 Like

I cast it on my Minions, not the enemies. And doing that it is pretty easy to get 6 out. It’s purpose is to buff the Lich’s Scorn + Dread Shade x6 and then occasionally buff my Minions and proc Veins of Malice…

Ignore the crappy gear, this is a fairly new Alt and I have 25 active Alts to feed right now (quite a few are Necros)…

2 Likes

@Ghostlight I haven’t tried to with summoning on minions but would probably drop wraiths for it!

I’m with ya on rolling necro alts. I want to try and build around Arek’ Bones, and Lethal Concentration next!

1 Like

For laughs here is the 6/7th attempts of 10 trying to kill Cold Orobyss and it’s not happening.

Trying to dodge orbiting comets/black hole explosions/absorbing meteors is not within my skill level to execute without mistakes. I can only take two hits from them before I die.

Looks like I’ll be stuck at 600c for the unseeable future. :sob:

EDIT: Better clip of me playing less foolishly.

1 Like

Hey man that’s 200C higher than me! Feel proud! Out side the soon to be nerfed Wraith Lord build I think 600c is the speed of light for zoo minion builds. I also expect a bit of adjustment to low life/ high ward builds too though, nearly everyone uses last step/exang to plumb past 500.

1 Like

If you’re going for cold, why are you using flame wraiths and not the cold golem?
Seems like a fun build either way.

1 Like

@DaddyLuvsYou
Its get so rough once you get up there and the only good ward gen paths would be zombies and sac’ing skeletons.

@DJSamhein
I feel cold golem is just off because it gets massive cold flat melee damage but spell damage scales with vitality. My army composes of ranged minions so getting the golem into dread shade position is clunky and dangerous. So im not getting much from the golem other then drawing aggro which i can get using a revenant.

I started off cold but found wraiths just work well with the skellies and when they die allow me to proc frozen vengance through chaos bolts.

2 Likes

I was trying it out. Here’s what I like about it:
-You can resummon and it counts as if the old one died, so it triggers vengeance as well. Yes, it will stay outside of range but its goal is just tanking and aggro. Doesn’t hurt to have 2.
-With the extra points from it being cold you can make it even tankier.
-Another bonus is you don’t need the flame wraith idols.
-And lastly, you don’t need to keep resumoning a lot of them like you do wraiths, so you can focus more on chaos bolts.

I might also try out the flame wraiths, just to see which ends up being more fun. Either way, it’s a nice build. I repurposed my all minions fire build to this and I think I like it better. Not much change in gear, though, surprisingly.

2 Likes

I was doing that set up with twinned golems which is the only way they work effeciently as tanks. The bigger singular golem often got stuck behind the skelly ball. I do miss golems cause they are fun to play.

If I had more vitality it would help the golems. I imagine with enough MCDR this would hit hard and consistently.

Having to use flame wraith idols is definately a drawback.

With Wraiths I’m able to play more strategically with positioning, and the dps boost took some of the danger away.

2 Likes