Echoes of Time Latency Issues

When finishing an echo for the first time after loading the game, I get a huge lag spike when trying to enter the next echo, then it takes the game minutes to register that I’m even in the game. It seems that the game doesn’t recognize that I have finished the previous echo, I can fix the problem in solo by going to The Council Chambers, but that takes about 3-7 minutes depending on how hard the lag hits. then I have to load the monolith of fate again and repeat the process for every time I load in to the Echo of a World, this also happens in multiplayer and has deterred me and my brother from playing together because I can’t go to The Council Chambers to fix the problem.

https://imgur.com/a/IRltqWJ

I get extreme latency and network disconnects at times when I try to load a new echo and it manifests itself in a similar way you describe above. I play the game on an SSD so it’s most likely not a hard drive issue.

Using a broadband ISP, every single time I try to start a new echo, my latency spikes from 20-80ms to 600+ with frequent timeouts. This was tested by repeating a ping to my ISP’s gateway. This is repeatable, and I have done so multiple times in a row and also at different times of the day with similar results.

My best guess is the network traffic for LE in its current state is extremely inefficient and it is trying to send/receive large amounts of data when a new echo is started. The lag is so bad and frequent that I assumed for a long time that the echoes were being streamed to my machine.

I found a solution but it’s not the best solution but… Make a new character. Remove all your gear, start and level a brand new character follow the same passive/skill trees put on the old gear. I noticed that it was ONLY that character when I made an Acolyte and it was able to clear Echos without a problem. the only downfall is you’re back to square one, leveling that character, getting the quests done for the extra passive points/idol slots, and going through the echo, but it worked I have no issues on a brand new mage with all the old gear. I just hope it doesn’t happen again and it forces me to do that all over again, but it’s been 5 days since i had any issues with latency.

This has repeated with 5 different alts of various classes. I doubt this is a solution, all it does is take time.

I am having the same issue when loading monoliths. Mine didnt start untill i started Fall of the empire. Im level 79 mage sorc spec with lightning meteor build. I have to open task manager and close the game then reopen it to fix the never ending loading screen when entering Echo’s.

I suspect the issue you were encountering was the Arcane Ascendance bug which we addressed in the 0.9j patch. It was causing severe latency issues even while not being used, as long as it was on your action bar.

For those who are experiencing other issues, such as endless loading screens in monolith, I have some questions to narrow down the problem:
Is this occurring on offline or online play?
Does it occur consistently after certain steps are taken?
Does it occur for all timelines available to you, or only specific ones?
Also if you could upload a player log, that would help us. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.