Dual Wielding Coming to Last Epoch

I never said something different, my Llama. Just the only weapon style that is buffed is 2h. Other weapon types can be used but there are no specific nodes that give bonuses.

My point there, and I think it applies for sentinel particularly as other classes don’t have such distinction between your weapon style :

If you take just the passive tree of sentinel, the game tells you “Eh if you go 1h + shield you know you can get armor stacks or life or increased damage etc on block. But you know if go 2h you can have those specific nodes too or the bonuses of that nodes with 2h now become X times those”.

You can even via some skill tree have cross synergy with block and 2h I think.
So the big picture of the passive skill tree gives an impression of well thought and integrated differenciation between the weapon style (1h +shield vs 2h).

Now if you drop dw without revamping this or adding something here and there, it would feels less “integrated” in the class than 2 previous styles. Just like a “take 2x your weapon and have fun”. Which could be fine too I guess.

I can’t wait to try it! :heart_eyes:

This sounds like a good thing! Cant wait to try it and find out! I mean at the very least its just more ways to play right?! Choice is never bad

Choice is always bad. Especially with parking spaces.

1 Like

The only bad choice associated with parking spaces is when there’s not to chose from. Poor sorc

I’m not sure there’s any “class fantasy” where sorcerer’s dual wield, but I think the Acolyte should be able to with daggers. For the occultist-caster-who-wants-to-cut-your-heart-out-and-sacrifice-it-to-their-dark-gods “class fantasy”…

Given the option id dw prophecy wands and cast 2 spells at a time any day of the week :slight_smile: so at oeast 1 fantasy lives

Assuming that’s how DW works. It’s not how it works in PoE or GD.

So many questions await answers… exiting stuff!

1 Like

I hope it comes with improvements on the defense system otherwise I won’t even bother trying dw out.

whats wrong with the defense system?

Lizard has big post about it

Nice :heart: cant wait to Test ist out. Great Work guys

Never watched “Lord of the Rings” or read the books? All of the magic users dual wielded and all were either using pure magic or fighting with swords/staves/daggers and occasionally, both at once. Were they OP? Most certainly and that’s what made them unique among humankind!

Personally, I’m still waiting for that kind of spell power to be implemented in LE. Seeing a sorcerer near the top of the leader boards would be a welcome sight, imho.

The only measurement atm is Arena, which skews the Vision for alot of people what is “powerful” IMO.

Sorcerer is incredible strong and fun to play. Just because it is relatively weak in a stupidly infinitely scaling game mode does not make it bad.
Literally all builds/classes/masteries that are more focused on offense do fall of later in arena and you are forced to go tanky af.

isnt the sorc ranked #2 right now? I would say that’s near the top.

2 Likes

I have zero clue and i don’t care anyway :smiley:

My main point was, that arena is not a good measurement. If we get more endgame modes in the future we might get different measurement points, which would be way better.

I have played a game where I could have 2 daggers on a mage type caster

Love this is coming but can’t comprehend how this will effect all my builds, I do feel in most situations dual wielding will out perform the best 2 handed… I dunno time will tell!