Shaman - nature mage with totens
Druid - Someone with connection with Nature

The actual game design is:

The best spriggan mage is Shaman - not the druid
The best totem build is druid - not shaman
The best vine build is Werebear - not the spriggan
The best entangle build is Werebear - not the spriggan
The second best entangle build is totem spriggan -
The best thorn shield build is beastmaster - I finnaly make it works and ir is fantastic - But it must be a Druid build, nor beastmaster

As you can see, the thing is not work as you design.
Remove totem from spriggan. Use entangle
Werebear casting entangle and vines ??? NO
Spriggan need more primalist skill to use. It onlye has Maelstron and thorn totem (remove it). Eterra blessing could be use with Spriggan ?? No… it cost TOO MUCH RAGE.

Transformation spriggan-werebear-insect? There is no build with it because there is no skill with both 3 forms. Maelstrom??? Forget… werebear need attack speed while spriggan need cast speed to cast it. Someone made a build that use the transformation ability:

But it’s cleary rediculous - 40.000 perma Ward.
Low damage? Yes, low damage… but it can tank Julra T9.

THis videio is the most strong signal that we have a lot of thing to correct with primalist char.

I only play primalist. And study a lot to make spriggan works with thorn shield as it’s interaction is very poor, it’s damage is very low and the cooldow to do damage is very large - 8 seconds. Now i use(or abuse) the interaction with thorn shield and bleed… with NO DAMAGE on my gear can have 1.500.000 DPS. With damage i can get 4.000.000 Dummy DPS.

Ok, here goes my full on feedback on Druid:

Passive Tree overhaul:

The synergies and options are really well done. I can’t think of many build ideas I have where I wouldn’t want more points in Druid if I could. There also aren’t many skills I see as ‘trap’ choices.

Singular forms:

Werebear is insanely strong. The innate link to Swipe & Warcry trees on top of being able to cast 4 skills from the tree makes the Werebear a very strong ability. Unfortunately, it leaves little room for other interesting ideas. Outside of Lightning Rampage, there is no playstyle changers in the Werebear tree itself. It also doesn’t help that you can get 3 other skills linked to Maul for only 12 points, leaving you enough to fill out some of the 5 Rage generation nodes. It becomes hard to not fall into “Maul form with some support stuff” type of build. The base kit does feel very well rounded, I just wish I could do more without having to rely on Maul. (I’ll exclude the Bhuldar’s EQ shenanigans as it’s too specific)

Swarmblade feels very interesting as a minion & DoT form, but often seems to fall short in endgame performance. I like the Hives & bugs theme, but the Locust feel they die too fast if I want to do any melee damage myself. Some branches are also anti-synergistic, such as Locust Master & Viper’s Call. I am interested in making a DoT build, but so far haven’t found the synergy I’m looking for. Overall I think the form might need a few more tweaks to rival the burst that is Werebear.

Spriggan is probably my most played form, but mostly that’s because it’s available to Shaman. The kit is very nice with Spirit Thorns shotgunning, Vines as a poisonous minion wall and the utility of Thorn Shield & Healing Totem are nice. The only gripes I have are a) it has 0 mobility options and b) Vines generate so much Rage even for other forms, it feels in need of a rebalance.

Overall I feel each form has a good focus now, although Swarmblade is the form I’m currently least comfortable with as playstyle.

Multiform

Let’s start with Human Form: There is a surprisingly low amount of support for Human Druid. I would have liked that there were nodes that cast something on leaving form, or synergize human with druid forms. As it stands now, human form is so weak and uninteresting, there is little reason to not build rage regen in your build and stay in form. This feels like a needless cost of skill points if the alternative is in essence a non-choice.

Form Synergy itself is slightly weaker, as it requires a lot of setup. It requires a skill use, then a casted form transform, only to then be locked in the other form due to the 6cooldown. It feels very difficult to make a synergistic build if you know you have to stay in. The cooldown feels too long to be rotational use, so I feel most of my hybrid ideas end up being a different form for different tasks, never really trying to rotate skills from different forms. Ideally, I would have preferred if the form-shifting happened together with a skill. e.g. Turn “Human Form” into swap AND cast Summon Hive or similar while in Spriggan form, so I can switch around more rapidly.

Don’t get me wrong, overall the mastery feels very clear in what to expect, damage types per form are concise, but I just run into the points above sometimes and struggle to find a reason they exist. Still, if Shaman would get a rework up to this level I’ld happily play Primalist non-stop :wink:

Could not pick “swarmblade bees” because bee idols are too rare and a lack of a reliable idol farming methods.

I just got done lvling 2nd non-transforming character build yesterday to 100 so I can’t attest to what I like the best. I am considering playing one at some point, maybe for a 3rd character in which I will go with Wearbear EQ or something (probably not spriggan form)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.