DoT proccing on-hit and on-crit effects

So as I’ve been playing HoA, which is not a hit and is DoT and thus cannot crit, I notice when I have that totem or pillar that gives 100% crit, my HoA has yellow numbers.

I’ve also played with both Dragonsong and Reign of Winter. Dragonsong has an on-crit effect that HoA kept proccing somehow. Reign of Winter has an on-bow-hit effect that HoA also kept proccing.

I deleted the character last night and have no other characters on my account so cannot send screenshots or videos of proof. Also uninstalled the game and wiped everything, so have no logs either.

Also in case people wonder if another ability procced these, I literally only had HoA and Shift and my Shift didn’t throw Shurikens or Acid Flasks or Shadows. I also didn’t Default Attack. So these procs could have only come from HoA.

Bug? Or too inept at the game to properly understand the mechanics? Probably the latter, but posting just in case it is a bug.

Did you take the Skystrike node which adds an initial hit? We’re the on-hit effects continuously proccing over the duration of HoA?

Yes, I had skystrike. RoW would proc once, however DS would proc multiple times throughout the duration of HoA.

I haven’t been able to reproduce this. If you or someone else come across it again, a demonstration of it would be helpful. There are various effects that could be triggering to hit the enemies unexpectedly, such as Acid Flask’s Castigate, or shadows created by Shift with Umbral Blades’ Umbral Remnant combined with Explosive Blades or Cacophony of Steel. Knowing that these aren’t responsible would help us narrow down the cause.
Thanks for the report!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.