Do spells that are cast indirectly use skill tree buffs?

Hi! Searched the forums a bit but couldn’t find a definitive answer. Looking to do a bleed build as a necromancer. I can talent Rip Blood to cause a bleed, and and I can talent Bone Golem and Bone Curse to cast Rip Blood as well. Would those indirect casts of Rip Blood gain all of the enhancements from the skill tree I picked for my direct cast Rip Blood?

Thanks for any insight!

1 Like

Yes, skills that trigger/proc other skills, use their respective skill tree.

Only exceptions here are minion skills, those have their own, not-related to player skills version (For Example Blood Golem’s Rip Blood)

And welcome to the LE Community/Forum!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and for the response!

@Heavy If you are still around, does the golem’s version of rip blood gain bonuses from “more spell damage”, +minion physical damage, etc. as you’d expect?

only modifiers that specify “minion damage” (or “minion spell damage” etc) will affect their damage. the exception being intelligence (or other stats, as summoners of other classes use other stats), which will usually increase your minion’s damage by 4% per point. hold alt when hovering over the skill on your skillbar to see which stat affects each skill.

1 Like

About the Bone Curse skill, the talent Crimson Enlightenment states it applies Rip Blood when the spell “times out”. Illusion of Pain says Bone Curse “falls off” after 1 attack. I’m guessing Illusion of Pain will not trigger Crimson Enlightenment? @VapingNeckbeard thanks for info

Thanks!

1 Like

i believe that’s correct. it’s been a while since i played with bone curse, but i remember it working as you described.

“Crimson Enlightment” and “Illusion of Pain” do work together.

The “times out” is worded poorly. It also triggers when bone curse is consumed via either “Acute Infliction” or “Illusion of Pain”

Understood. Guess I’ll have to give it a go in the future, not many talents in necromancy for bleed builds vs lich. Thanks for all the info everyone.

1 Like

That’s not how it should be working though. Rip Blood shouldn’t be proc’d if bone curse’s last “hit” is consumed.

Just tested before answering this. It works 100%

I know that’s how it works at the moment, but it’s not “supposed” to. It didn’t work that way up until 0.7.10.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.