Devs/Community stance on some issues

5 - It must fully uneqip the first item all the way first. Then it can start to equip the next one. Unfortunately, part of the unequip is deallocating the +skills all the way.

6 - Pure performance. If we could, we would.

8 - The “no” answers were the design decisions. I just typed out why we can’t do it but I think I might be wrong? Basically, minions need a little room to summon. You don’t actually directly summon minions, it goes through an adapter that kinda disconnects it from you a bit. I know that sounds weird and it’s not really the whole story. That thing you create can fail if it doesn’t have enough room. Here is the key part of the problem: it’s crazy mega not performant to try and find an ok place once it starts, it’s essentially going for the ride, summon or fail. It’s at this point that you would have to get refunded the mana but it has no idea how much mana you spent to cast it. There might be a way to get around this that I’m just missing but I’m not sure. It wouldn’t be the first time we’ve tried to fix this whole problem.

4 Likes

Nice, thanks for the answers :slight_smile:

5- Ok, as a programmer I totally get it
6- Nice to know :slight_smile:
8- Ok, I can understand that. But if you’re using that method couldn’t you sort of reverse the process in regards to mana? Instead of spending mana and starting the process, start the process and when it concludes it signals back that it was successful and then you spend it. If it doesn’t signal back with success then you do nothing. From a logarithmic point of view it is sound, but I don’t know how hard that would be to implement with your current systems. Just an idea, though.

As a side note, I was trying out a hammer pala for fun (yeah, I jump around a lot with builds, I get restless and want to try things out). I was fighting the Elder Pannon (just before you get to the end of time for your mastery) and all the hammers were disappearing when he was standing in the middle, like it was detecting a collision. It made the fight much harder for me. Is this a bug? I assume it is, but it might not be a known one so I thought I’d just pop it in here, since it happened literally 5 minutes ago and you’re watching this :slight_smile:

Once again, thanks for the replies, I really enjoyed your explanation for the summons, even if it’s just an approximation.

2 Likes

It must spend the mana first. The only hope would be to ty and send a refund.

It’s a bug, something in the zone has its collision layer mask set wrong.

3 Likes

Ok, I think I’m satisfied with all the answers. I might not agree or like all of them, but I can understand the issues and accept it. Once again, thanks for taking the time to answer.

You’re welcome. I know it’s frustrating having to make compromises on some of those and if we figure these things out, they could change still. There was a time when we said we couldn’t show the number of ailment stacks under enemy health bars.

4 Likes

And you couldn’t do +skills on gear, until you could…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.