Detailed Skill Tooltips and Informations

Hello I would like to suggest something for the future.

I’m one of those guys who really likes to go deeper in the game when it comes to maximizing your DPS and get the most out of it.
Last Epoch offers a ton of different skills with different playstyles and that is what I really enjoy the most in Last Epoch.

But when I create a build there is something very important that is still missing:
Detailed Informations for Skills

At the moment you only see general stuff for your character, like his Crit Chance or his Crit muliplier or his increased dmg etc.
But many skills have alot of dmg convertions and additional flat dmg scaling or its own crit chance and multipliers, damage over time and chances on hit for certain ailments.
Currently you just see your whole DPS which is based on everything that deals damage. So sometimes it’s very missleading and not accurate when you compare items.
So you end up 90% of the time completly annihalting the poor dummy to see if your dmg got better or not.
It’s not only time consuming but also do I feel very bad about the dummy.

So it would be nice to see stuff like:

• Crit chance / multiplier
  • Every DMG Type like physical melee, fire melee, spell damage, bow fire etc.
  • Attack speed in decimal
  • Ailmet Damage and hit chance
  • Penetration
  • Base Damage

I know the build Planner is working on detailed DPS calculations but I think the game itself should have at least a decent amout of informations you can work with.

And if someone ever made a thread like that than I just wasted some time of my life but I do not regret it.

thank you

1 Like

Yip… This is a common request and the devs have confirmed that they are working on a comprehensive update to all the dps tooltips in the game… A quick forum search will give you more detail, but at a quick glance everything you asked for has been discussed…

The main thing about tooltips is that the devs want to make sure that the information is relevant to players while playing so the information they want to display needs to be accurate /useful. This means that its harder to do than what most people think because there are values that are global to everything and other that are local to skills and applied effects and these values might be entirely different in different situations and based on what ailments are on an enemy and what buffs are on the character at that split second…

So yip… tooltips are on the devs to do list… but they might not be done soon…

and, if you are going to want to do theorycrafting level calcs and things, then you might have to consider Dammit / Tunks websites and the Community Game guide for the actual math behind things…

1 Like

What you’re likely waiting for is the Character Sheet rework that’s still in development. Here is a very early mock-up that was shared with us during the April 9th dev stream.

https://i.imgur.com/1CRlTke.png

Mike gave this description about it at that time:

It’s safe to say that it’s likely undergone many changes since then, but you can expect a lot more information about your specialized skills to be available when it’s finally released.

1 Like

Well I could have known that the devs are already working on something like this, because they just do a great job.
Than I guess this thread can be closed or deleted or whatever.

Thanks for the answers.

1 Like

Hopefully we will get the updated character screen in 0.8.5 & I’ll definitely be giving them a lot of number-w###e feedback on it.

like everybody else i’m interested in this too !

i do want to hear that EHG will emphasize accuracy.

the current tooltip gives me a WTF? experience pretty regularly where equipment i though should improve my DPS doesn’t.

also i see weird things like the numbers jumping around a lot that just don’t make sense (probably due to some sort of “every x seconds” effect).

There is no doubt that this is a hard problem. Think about all the things, for example set properties, that have to be taken into account to make sure the number is right.

In the meantime i wish they would put a way to start and stop the damage dealt to the dummy and that it would give you total damage dealt at the end.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.