Dancing Strike

So attempting to figure out what I’m doing that is making this feel wonky for me.

I know Dancing Strike has a very short cooldown but I tend to hold down my RMB (where it’s mapped) and just let the flow of it happen, which feel very satisfying even if I get the "not happening’ voice dialogue more frequently.

My issue, and I can’t seem to figure out what is happening to be able to reliable repeat it for testing purposes, is every once in a while my character just suddenly stops doing anything. Stands there. I try to click off and on to another enemy, or try a movement skill to get away, nothing happens.

It definitely seems to be related to Dancing Strike but again I can’t figure out how to get it to reliably happen to try and troubleshoot it. I don’t think it’s STUN, because when that happens on other characters it feels different.

I’m not terribly savvy with game video recordings while I play but I will try to turn it on next time I’m in to see if I can capture it.

For what it’s worth this does not happen if I’m at a ‘base’ like End of Time and just hold down the RMB. It never occurs at this time.

Any thoughts? Anyone else experience anything similiar?

Yes, that can happen sometimes

1 Like

I am playing dancing strikes as my primary skill since i unlocked it and i can confirm that this happens pretty often.

I already died because of this. Even other skill like Shift or simple left click movement seem to not work for a fraction of a second (maybe like up to 0,5 seconds).

Getting stunned while holding down the buttom for dancing strikes does leads to this very often i think.

But sometimes it seems to happen without getting stunned.
It also happens very often, when i try to weave in other skills in between the dancing strikes and the dancing strikes icon in the action bar is greyed out for a brief moment.

It’s really hard to reproduce, i need to try and capture gameplay and just hope that it happens.

1 Like

Okay, so I’m not crazy. (well, I am but not THAT crazy.) I’ll continue to test it and see if I can come up with a rhyme or reason for it as well.

It would be very useful if we could get some clips of this happening. But it does sound strange.

1 Like

I will try to capture some Monolith runs and and see if i can capture that behaviour.

I will only be able to upload low-resolution gameplay, since otherwise uploading the gameplay would take ages with my bandwidth.

I assume you would want player.log togehter with the gameplay from that session?

2 Likes

Yea maybe a player.log would help as well.

1 Like

You can see it happen when attacking the testing dummy. Just right click and once in a while it’ll stop doing anything. Easily replicable.

1 Like

So i tested a little bit.

I was only able to reproduce the issue with getting stunned once.
But there is another 100% reproducable issue.

To elaborate my clips:

Zip File is the "getting stunned file doing dancing strikes issue:
I always press and hold dancing strikes all the time. I was getting stunned very briefly, dancing strikes does NOT start being used again after the stun is over, even when releasing the button (i use right mosue click) and press and holding it again, did not start using dancing strikes instantly. It does seem like sometimes when getting stunned while using dancing strikes, it get’s some sort of cooldown, even though it’s displayed without any in the action bar.

Single Video File is a 100% reproducable bug:
I was able to reproduce a stop in using dancing strikes, which is 100% reproduceable. Press and hold dancing strikes and mid-combo release and press & hold again very fast while hovering over an enemy that is in melee range. (This does work on the dummy and on mobs)

EDIT:

Regarding the “getting stunned” issue. I did had some major upgrades for my max hp and a bunch of stun avoidances. It definitely was not occuring anymore, only that one time.
So overall it does seem to be related to getting stunned, i am pretty sure of that.

I will continueobserving and trying to capture more gameplay, maybe when i reach higher echoes on the 100 timeline, it will occur once again, because i will recieve bigger hits to reliable stun me.

1 Like

I have encountered the isse and have it on video, but this time with lethal mirage.

But that is exactly the issue i was talking about.
In the clip i am shifting, getting stunned and after the stun is over i wanted to use Lethal Mirage, you can see my input on the action bar, but nothing is happening, after pressing it 2-3 times.

The stun was clearly over, since i was able to move instantly. With those very short stuns you sometimes do not even realize, that you are getting stunned, but if it prevents you from using abilities for like 0,5-1 seconds it really make gameplay not smooth.

I created a short clip, where the issue occurs at 3 seconds in the clip. I also attached the player.log, it’s from a longer session (like 30 mins but i cut out the video just from the end.
I uploaded it in the same Dropboxlink as above in the “Getting stunned non responsive.zip”

PS: Sorry for the music in the clip, iwas recording the whole session and just listening to music, while trying to capture the issue.

I will keep trying to get the issue on recorded gameplay and will update here if i have more clips where the issue is happening.

1 Like

In doing testing with it on the dummy I noticed something that I think may actually be the real culprit.

So on the dummy you can’t be stunned. So we all like to hold down the RMB to keep DS going.

If you release the mouse button but immediately try to retarget something you freeze. Just stand there. So I think it might have to somehow do with a delay that is happening in retargeting.

You can even do it without the dummy. Hold down RMB, after doing several rounds of DS release it but IMMEDIATELY re-click it. It’s not 100% reproducible but it happens frequently enough.

I’m still trying to figure out how to capture video as I don’t want to pay for one of these streaming video capture things as I don’t ever stream.

So i was able to get an actual dancing strikes non-responsive issue captured.

Clips and player log are in the dropbox again, in the “dancing strikes getting stunned by sapphiral .zip”

In that clip you can see, that i am getting briefly stunned (i did hold dancing strieks down the whole time), after my character was non responsive, i did release and clicked dancing strikes 2-3 times and nothing happens (you don’t even see any input on the action bar).
Then i shifted out of the group, after that i worked again.

Second thing another targeting issue on the dummy, that one is really hard to try and reproduce on mobs, when the move.
That clip is the “targetting issue dancing strikes.mp4”

There you can see i stand directly in front of the dummy and click it with dancing strikes, nothing happens, but you see input on the action bar.
That is kinda reproducable if you using dancing strieks all the time and sop and start again when you are really close ot the dummy, but it does not happen everytime.
When you then aim the cursor slightly differently it works again.

PS: Sorry for the music again, don’t get jumpscared, sorrrrry :imp:

1 Like

After playing more and observing really closely, the “targetting issue”, when your character is not doing anything when pressing skills, while being hovered over an enemy in melee range is really.

It seems to be even more of an issue on bigger mobs. On the target dummy it is 100% reproduceable, but in actual combat it does becomes even more of an issue.

I did make a short YT clip, so everybody can see this easily.

As soon as the bug occurs only Synchronized Strike, Shift and Dancing Strikes are affected (i also tested ALL other rogue skills, and it seems, the only other skill being affected by this is ballista, all other rogue skills work fine)

To clarify, how to reproduce: You need to use dancing strikes while hovering over an enemy, when you press & hold it and mid combo release and instantly click again.

I am not 100% sure, but it seems the bug when getting stunned and it’s being unresponsive after that might also play a role here. BBut that’s really hard to comfirm.

I’m actually finding that a very similar feeling is happening on my Marksman as well using Multishot proccing from Flurry. I haven’t played any of my other characters since Rogue dropped.

Sometimes I will stop to fire flurry and nothing happens. I hold SHIFT to force standstill. Then I can hold down the mouse button for like 2 full seconds with nothing and then it suddenly kicks in.

I’m wondering if this might be something inherent with the Rogue in general.

I get the same response using a different mouse so I don’t think that’s it.

This also happens with Flurry on MM with RMB mapped bow attacks I noticed it more when you take Flurry to a channelled attack from node

So, i captured an incident, at higher MoF gameplay, which cost me my life.

It’s on the same dropbox link as above. File “non responsive Synchronized Strike, Lethal Mirage and Dancing Strikes.zip”. Player.log is included.

I did use shift offensively, to shift into the pack and wanted to use dancing strikes immediately.
After the shift i instantly got stunned (which is fine), after that i pressed Dancing Strikes Multiple times, nothing happened. (It does not ven show input on the action bar)

Shift was still on cooldown, so i needed to do something, because i was dying from all the mobs.

I decided to do Synchronized Strikes or Lethal Mirage, to get some leech going and killing some smaller mobs. Nothing happened. You cna clearly see multiples inputs on the action bar for both skills, and nothing is happening.
I also tried to move out by simple moving with left click and you can clearly see my character was already slightly moving, just body blocked by all the mobs. I was definitely not stunned again.

Just to make it very clear, getting stunned is totally legit in LE, but the character being unresponsive after that killed me numerous times. Since 0.8 i didn’t play that much other classes except some Lich, which has over 2k HP and basically never gets stunned, so i am not sure if that behaviour is rogue specific or not.

P.S: Sorry for the music again, but whats more beautiful, than dying to a awesome guitar solo LOL

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.