Damage guide for beginners (completed) - HolyCoffee

Haha thats true. But i have come to the conclusion, that people don’t end up reading my post, due to the shear volume of rambling - same for my build guide on shield throw that was over a hour long. I honestly don’t think, anyone watched the full video :smiley: On top of that, this post is meant for beginners that have just hit end game, and now trying to minmax their character - and i believe, deep explainings/disccusion on why i state most of these things, will confuse more, than help.

Is there any post like this one but for defenses? I’m not 100% sure how should I scale / focus then on builds, like resists, block, attributes, life, etc.

2 Likes

Hey :). As far i know, i don’t think that there is a defensive post. But i know there are some good informations on YouTube on that matter :slight_smile:

Edit: If more people are interested to see a post similar for defensive layers, i do not mind making such post :slight_smile:

Here’s a video about it:

1 Like

While it seems logical that a percentage increase in armor/protections would be more valuable if you stacked armor/protections to begin with, what about passive points that increase armor/protections by a flat amount? Do those nodes still make stacking armor/protection a better investment than life?

On a side note, it also seems that armor/protection has more benefits if you have ways of healing. So having a smaller real life pool and lots of mitigation makes healing more efficient.

Yes, it does.

Rimed video guide have been added. So if you are more for listening than reading, give that a watch instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

This guide is awesome. Very nice. Many mechanics you mention I had to learn the hard way by trial and error. And even after getting some impressions I could not be sure if it truly works like i imagined. So i spent a lot of time on this forums (what wasn’t a bad thing :grin:) to search for tips.

This will help many people that start with LE to get into the mechanics. I’d suggest to spread the link via reddit and perhaps somebody could sticky it.

There’s only on thing where I don’t really understand the meaning"

So do you mean for warpath it doesn’t matter what damage type I am scaling?

Unless you have some specific +% XXX damage, then it doesn’t matter what flat damage you have on your weapon. If your have a damage conversion going on, it then doesn’t matter what flat damage you have added in as it will all get converted (then you need % modifiers for that damage type).

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Got a little bit confused by the wording “In general, depending on what class and masteries you are playing, you can easily avoid specific of type of damage increases.”

But I got it now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hey man! Thanks for the kind words, and also for pointing out some of the sentence out, that is not completely clear. I will edit it later, so it easier to understand. Yea @Llama8 is right, that is my point with it.

Also something i dind’t mention is, that if you choose to scale a specific damage, the damage % ranges will be higher: For instances, if you compare the range for %increase elemental damage, and %increase spell dmg, the %increase elemental damage, should be higher on staffs. :slight_smile:

But i ended up not mention it. Because, I would not recomend scaling %increase damage on gear (werll generally - ofc there is always an exception) :slight_smile:
I might later on, make a new section for general guide lines, for what damage scaling you want to take on gear. I will have to think about it, because it tie very closely to the defense part.

There’s two things happening there, you’ve got the more specific damage (fire damage & spell damage v elemental damage) having higher values but you’re also getting higher values on two-handed weapons compared to one-handed.

Yes! Good point. Thanks for mention it! I actually thought about mention it, but i completely sweat it out. But what i mean in the comment above, is when you are comparing 2 two-hands staff both with t5 %elemental damage and spell damage, the %elemental damage will be higher in its range of, how high it can roll.

This is exactly why, most of my builds, is using a two-hand and not 1-hand. So i can get more base crit chance, and attack speed on the item.

Not if lastepochtools is correct it’s not. Both fire & spell damage can roll 103%-162% on a t5 affix while elemental damage can only roll 89%-135%.

You right, just tested it in-game to. i remember it incorrectly then hahe :smiley: Its only %elemental damage compared to %increase fire damage. And not %fire damage compared to %spell damage. Thats weird, i would have thought that %spell damge, also to, would give a lower value, since it scaling all types of damage.

Hey, thanks for the guide. Really useful. I’m wondering about the following bit:

On the in-game loading-screen tooltip, it says that armor shred reduces the armour of all enemies even when they don’t have base armour. It sounds like it would be a good way of scaling damage. Is this basically not the case after testing?

Edit: Ah i think i see what you mean. a single stack of armour shred takes an enemy down from 10,000 hp to 9,900 hp, so it’s pretty useless.

1 Like

Yup, unless they change it such that armour/protection shred has a % effect then it’s unlikely to be useful in the end game.

Either that or it becomes a per-hit thing like (i assume) penetration is, rather than a status effect.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.