Cyrrilic characters in chat

Hello,
I wanted to say that I very much enjoy your game and can’t wait to see what the future content is.
There is one thing that is bugging me a lot though. In the Settings > Social tab, under Chat Languages it says Russian characters. There is no such thing as Russian characters. It’s cyrrilic characters. Cyrrilic characters didn’t come from Russia and they weren’t the first using them. So please, change RUSSIAN characters to CYRRILIC characters.
This has absolutely nothing to do with politics.
Thank you very much.

4 Likes

for those interested… i got lost down a rabbit hole again… didnt actually realise that so many different languages used Cyrillic alphabets - Wikipedia

2 Likes

Hi Gipo, welcome to the forums. You are absolutely right that Cyrillic would be the correct terminology to use. It is however not a commonly known term and we opted to use a more quickly understood term. The Chinese setting is also technically wrong for the same reason too. It should be listed as Han to be fully accurate.

4 Likes

Thank you for your answer. My logic is that all the people who would use the Russian characters option know what cyrillic is. If someone wants to turn that option ON it means they can read/write in cyrillic right?

3 Likes

The English option has Latin tagged on it in the description, despite a lot of English speakers not knowing that English letters are from the Latin alphabet.

Why not do the same with Russian/Cyrillic?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.