Crafting Changes coming to Eternal Legends Update (0.8.4)

Normally when you upgrade an affix the roll within the tier is randomised. So if you have a helmet with a T3 health it’ll give somewhere between 26 to 40 health, and when you upgrade it to T4 it’ll give somewhere between 41 to 55 health. Normally the value it had within in the range at T3, whether it was at the top, bottom, or middle, has no effect on the value it will have within the range at T4.

The glyph of order changes that so that its position within the range stays the same, i.e. if it gave 40 health at T3 it’ll give 55 health at T4. This can be used to ensure that you get good rolls on your T5 affixes.

18 Likes

I did not understand the Glyph of Order.
All the rest is brilliant, really! I was a bit scared of this change, I’m totally comfortable now.

Edit: OK, I understand Glyph of Order. It’s even more brilliant!

1 Like

Will a critical success still provide the random +1 affix tier along with the statement above?

1 Like

Slightly bummed we won’t see t5 sealed item bc that is where you get +2 for skills.

1 Like

Yes, the full effect of a critical success is now:

• +1 tier to a random affix
  • costs no forging potential
  • shard and glyph are not consumed
14 Likes

:sunglasses: i am shocked

I think it’s a decent way to give us +skill affixes without having to sacrifice too much damage. A +1 skill affix that doesn’t take up a slot is really nice for bumping your support / non-main skills.

1 Like

Travellers, i feel grateful of take the choice of trying Last Epoch. I’m not an expert, but this looks great. Sorry my english.

1 Like

Wow I cant wait to chase those runes and ro make some grest items with it. Changes Look awesome.

*grab bag?

No idea what you’re talking about :eyes:

1 Like

I really like this update. Crafting was very good before, but you made it even better by replacing all bad rngs with good rngs.

Very promising changes! Great!

Just in case:
Deutsche Übersetzung des Dev-Blogs gibt es unter

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Perception of Luck: The RNG of the system functioned in a way that resulted in players generally feeling unlucky when crafting.

So one thing I noticed was that the forge cost in the last example goes from 1 to 20. Is that the kind of range we should expect from crafting?

On an item with 30 forge points, you could bust at only 2 crafts, or you could get a lucky spree and end up with a dozen crafts before you run out.

Imo large ranges like these (1 - 20) often feel bad. I’d rather have a smaller range, even at the cost of a higher average (e.g. 10 - 15), so that I can have a better idea of how many crafts I can fit into an item.

I’m sure y’all have already balanced things out, and with the addition of that super cool Glyph of Despair, player power will be up anyway. Just wanted to give my two cents.

Looking forward to the update!

3 Likes

There is 1 person here who more excited than the rest <3 great job EHG

EHG coming out with straight :fire::fire::fire:

I am super excited about these changes. But outside exalted and boss drops, seems like gambler will be best option for target farming good gear.

Rune of Ascendance this is so GOOD, another way to chase very rare uniques! POG

1 Like

Really like the changes and thought process behind them in theory. Looking forward to trying it out in practice!

Already drooling over weapons with three prefixes…

Will Glyph of Chaos be usable on an affix that’s already at T5?

This is a great point. I think having gambled items come out with low crafting potential like you noted is a good way to combat this and have the best ‘crafting bases’ still be found out in the endgame systems. I certainly don’t want the gameplay and crafting loop to rely on spending 30-60 minutes at the gambler looking for good crafting bases.

1 Like

The only thing I hope if this happens is it doesn’t gimp to much when leveling in ssf too much