Crafting Changes coming to Eternal Legends Update (0.8.4)

In this paragraph

Trasochi said that 1-15 is “normal”, so I guess there might be some crafts that can range a little bit higher than that?

While there is always stuff, that is subject to change, I don’t think they would deliberately add something that is edited like that.

In that screenshot you are talking about it is a T5 craft, so one of the higher ones.

If I am not mistaken there is no mentioen in the whole dev blog, if crafts get more expensive/cheaper on the same affix

1 Like

path of exile
path of craft
path of lastepoch

Mild brag, I guessed it mostly right. (Idk if I was the first).

2 Likes

Better lose your shit as thats exactly what I felt when reading this and im not a ‘crafting elitist’ no idea what that even is, I guess if you attempt to craft in PoE you are an elitist

Please remove the Gambler from the game as this compounds issues even more

it was/is like that. Some of my characters were geared solely from the Gambler and it actually only took 30 mins to gamble almost every slot with decent items

I dont know why the developers dont make Crafting an actual skill to invest in with points/time. its silly to think my character can immediately craft amazing gear right off the bat due to being ‘lucky’ and on the flipside I can craft a pair of boots 100 times and never get better at it. Its still never going to be more than a slot machine then. At least in PoE you can block mods and influence the outcome of your crafts…despite what people actually think

Excited to try out how the new crafting system would feel in the endgame grind!

I feel like that’s worth a brag - that is pretty close :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

It does feel to me like the 1-15 amount being regular is a bit wide of a range. I think I’d rather it be cumulatively more. Like the more affix levels, the more it uses or the wider the range gets. As the new system stands, rare and exalted items already have a HUGE edge over normal and magic items (which makes sense although I do feel that the gap is a bit big), but if a T1 affix has the same amount of potential cost as a T5 affix, it seems to me just a bit off-putting.

No doubt this is a better system than before but the range does give off some of the same feeling as the failure rate of the instability system albeit more transparency and ease of understanding.

I really like the changes here. The half empty perspective changed to half full, these new glyphs create interesting decisions, affix conversions are nice too. There are more ways to approach item crafting and the fun should last longer when you actually find a nice item with a good starting point. Much better than shattering after the first or second button press. Great work, I look forward to trying it out with the stock pile of exalted items I was petrified to experiment with.

I like the new Runes/Glyphs.

To me, the fundamental essence of crafting isn’t really any different. As Trasochi said, most people don’t really “get” chances/odds, so this new way of presenting crafting will make it more understandable to more people.

Ultimately, nothing is really changing with the base system. You can craft on any given item a random # of times before that item is “done” and you can’t craft on it anymore. Exactly as it was before, just with new terminology and presentation. I noticed that when Forging Potential reaches 0, they even still use the term “Fractured”.

On a related note, I assume creating a Fractured Crown will simply be pushing FP to 0, but we’ll have to see. (unless EHG can spoil it for us… :slight_smile: )

Chaos changes the way I look at loot completely. This is an extremely good thing.

So are you going to give us a unique with a lot of crafting potential and the unique trait “can have multiple sealed affixes”?

Also after the first week I want to know what the most commonly sealed affix is by item type. I bet weapons it will be melee critical chance and on armor it will be flat health.

What an interesting and, from what I can see, intuitive change to the crafting system that somehow improves on an already really cool part of the game.

kinda need a Rune of Rollback, to turn a tier 5 to tier 4 in order to use Glyph of Despair to seal that one I need.

3 Likes

Wow, what a dreamy new craft system!!:heart_eyes:

Yay best news ever! Cannot wait to give the new system a go. I hope to never have hear that horrible fracture sound effect again…

Wow… now this is a huge change… Gonna take some time to go through it all and even longer to figure out how well it works compared to the older setup - I love the increased options and variety… Damn 0.8.4 is going to be a serious update… :wink:

1 Like

OK, well, that is pretty much my only big problem with the game, now solved.

You guys rock! Really looking forward to playing with the new Forging Potential system and I love the inclusion of “chase crafting items” as well. Huge changes here, keep up the amazing work.

Love the overall changes here!!

Interesting… maybe I’m projecting wrongly, but I’m sensing this teases all gear as being open to five total affixes, which can be good if done properly…

Can this happen now?
-Get a great exalted item, that happens to have a T5 I wish I could attempt to seal
-But now it feels bad that I got a T5 affix instead of T4?

Meanwhile, are some exalted affixes themselves now devalued because they don’t have seal potential?

Also, are power levels going to be balanced such that not having fully sealed gear feels bad?

I’m a total fan of the forging potential system. I used to joke with my friends that Last Epoch was a good diablo-like with great ability customization but also an unfortunate korean-mmo crafting system. That change is most welcome!

1 Like

You can always risk rune of removal on exalted item or item with T5 affix you want to actually seal. If you are lucky, you can get shards for affix you want back and empty slot. Craft up to T4 and try to seal it. Even without any data on chances, this will be a long shot, but it is possible from what I understand about changes.

Looks promising, reserving judgment til the patch drops.
Also, if the glyph of chaos choose the resulting random affix from the list of available shards player have, I can see that it opens it to abuse (ie:sell or use up all the undesirable affix to target craft)

1 Like