Crafting Changes coming to Eternal Legends Update (0.8.4)

Those people must have never fructured good exalted items with 1 -2 or 3 tries. Now with the new system that would be impossible as exalted items will have much more FP. Besides other just this one reason makes the new system better for me.

Must say I am the kind of player that doesn´t do much or haven´t done much crafting really. I have the tendency to rather just run around picking up items and see what I find instead.
But after reading MOST of this, I need to figure out and learn how to properly CRAFT items.

absolutely this! We should try it first in game and see how it feels. Also the exact numbers for FP is still subject to change before 0.8.4 goes live and even after that the devs can always adjust them according to the players’ feedback.

1 Like

Also a valid point. I hope EHG adds a new and thorough article in Game Guide about Crafting.

There is still RNG involved, but it isn’t the the “bad” kind.
It’s a good sweet spot. We’ll have to play it to get a feel for it, but imo it sounds pretty optimal for me for a really good SSF experience.

IMO, that’s the kind of subjective view that can only be gained by trying it. On paper, yes, it fixes some of the issues so it’s definitely a move in the right direction. But it’s also impossible to please all the people all the time. shrugs

The changes to runes aren’t good enough in regards to the Rune of removal. Having an item that is basically designed to destroy exalted items is horribly frustrating and completely counterproductive. It is already hard enough to find exalted items with the proper base, let alone a good affix, on top of RoR being weighted to remove useful affixes. Rune of chaos is not a solution to this. It just sounds like additional frustrating rng added on top of an already frustrating issue. Exalted items are functionally useless because either they drop with trash affixes, or you automatically brick them with RoR making them a lose lose. Just make RoR actually random instead of it being weighted.

This was done in patch 0.8.2:

Oh okay. I just barely started playing this game and I must have heard outdated information. I guess my luck is just horrible then. Thanks for that piece of information.

I am curious how the new system works with level requirement of affix tiers and such.

I can’t fathom any reason that would change in the slightest.

1 Like

How will the Fractured Crown be attainable with the crafting changes since it requires a destructive fracture?

They will put in some new way of obtaining it, presumably crafting related.

IMO the most important matter regarding this new crafting system is simply how high the individiual ranges per tier level are going to be spread aswell as the the chance distribution per value.
With around ~20FP on an item, cost gaps between 1-10 seem far to high, even with low chances of rolling 10FP instead of 1 or 2, because it’s far to punishing to loose 50% of FP with a T1 roll.
I think a range reduction would be perfect to solve this problem and wont leave a bitter taste if you waste 5 instead of 10 FP on a T1 roll.

I dont know if the question had been asked or not. Will all items currently owned be converted to the crafting potential system and if so how will you give the crafting potential? I.E. if I have a fractured item will it have 0 potential? Or will items I haven’t crafted on have max potential?

Yes, they will be converted and based on how high the instability is or if they are fractured, they will have a little bit of FP left.

But they have less, than they would have had, if they directly dropped in the new update.

1 Like

POE has ruined arpgs in the same fashion that D3 did, just from different angles. D3 made everyone feel like Legendary/Set/Unique items were the only things end-game players should be wearing. To the point LE players are shocked to learn that well-rolled rares are the way to go.
POE ruined things, in that players feel like crafting has to be ovelyr-complex and rng dependent to be “fun”. According to POE-alum, if you didn’t spend hours (upon hours upon hours upon hours) trading and spamming “currency” during your craft session, then an item shouldn’t be better than a vendor-bought white…otherwise your game is broken beyond repair.

2 Likes

I would disagree with the that all PoE players feel that way. I have almost 3k hours in the game and I throughly enjoy LE’s crafting system. If anything I wish PoE would adopt a similar crafting system but I know they will never do it

I know, it’s a broad generalization… and doesn’t really apply to all POE players. But it is a fairly common complaint I’ve seen in General chat in-game, and pop up a few times here in the forums, about LE’s crafting is too simple, and it being far too ezmode to make mirror-tier items.

I understand. I honestly think it is a stupid complaint about LE. I honestly hate that part of PoE. I hate the RNG of the whole system. I think PoE has too many systems for crafting in place as well. I like that I dont have to sell my soul to make something build defining. I think I have put a couple days in a character in one league and I still didnt have mirror tier gear. I like that it is “easier” to create cool items. My favorite part about ARPGs is the theorycrafting and making items to create cool builds.