Crafting chances inconsitency

While crafting Fractured Crown i’ve noticed doing exact same crafting steps produced different craft percentages.

Specific example:
Three common (white) gilded crowns bought from vendor or gambling, all with base instability of 0 (no cleansing, straight from vendor, sorc clvl 92, patch 0.8.2h).
Added only one type of affix (vitality or armor), no glyphs used. For two crowns first 3 craftings had chances of 100%, 90% 80% (fourth was different affix but result followed normal conventions). One crown thou had 100% , 100%, 100% (and then fractured at 93% trying to get T4 of that one affix)

From that moment i visited wiki and started calculating chances according to formula there. And noticed that quite often the value was not correct, sometimes too high or too low by 5-10% usually. I think the discrepancy was constant as the item was crafted.

I’ve wrote down every %chance during craft of 29 items (191 tries total) and the output looked roughly correct https://i.snipboard.io/8NEq0R.jpg so chances are the bug goes both ways. This could explain the recent influx of people having issues with items cracking at high chances.

There is also one guy on steam forums that claims he had fractures of items with 0 instability and 100% chance, but i can’t confirm personally, could be different bug entirely too.

We highly suspect that Fractured Crown is currently bugged. It’s noted internally.

Thanks for the report.

Ah right, just noticed it’s rolling minimal now, so base item might be borked too. I’ll try to keep a closer look on other items too.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.