Corsair's set bonus

corsair’s set bonus is not converting glancing blow that is gained through apostacy

I had a chat with our design team and right now this is intentional. Apostacy converts Dodge rating into Glancing Blow and Corsair’s Set converts Glancing Blow into Block chance, this is a double conversion. Our design at this time doesn’t support double conversions.

1 Like

Hey there…

Just to clarify something…

With the Corsair Set Bonus active & Apostasy enabled… Should you have both boosts? I.e. On a test build, I am getting the Block Chance boosted from the set bonus AND I still have 100% Glancing blow when not doing anything (using any skills)…

When I then attack, and stack Dusk/Crimson Shrouds, I then gain ADDITIONAL Block chance into the 80-90% chance AND I gain ADDITIONAL Glancing Blow to around 140%.

This doesnt seem correct… Is this still intended?

Block Rogue is a restrictive playstyle. You give up damage, ailment application and attack speed for survivability. Trade offs like these is what makes uniques/sets interesting and fun to play.

The only concern I have is that this set is that it is confusing with how it interacts with other conversions. In the future we will find a better way to get this information across to players in a way that is easy to understand.

Ok - thanks for clarifying… I had to check because the build seems like it could actually be pretty good - potentially very good - even after the trade offs you mention… I didnt want to see if it can be maxed out if the interaction was ultimately a bug that would be corrected later…

It isn’t a bug, it’s a side effect because we don’t support double conversions.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.