Corsair Set Bonus Wording

Hello! I love Last Epoch!

I created a new character to make use of the Corsair set on Rogue.
The set bonus reads “100% of Glancing Blow Chance Converted to Block Chance” which led me to believe my glancing blow chance would equal my block chance. However, this is not the case. My resting glancing blows chance is 66% and my block chance is 48%. As my glancing blows % increases from buffs, my block chance also increases, but always lagging behind. What is the actual conversion taking place? Is it working as intended?
I suggest a change to the language, as it currently reads that they should be an equal value, and this is not the case.

Thanks!

1 Like

Without seeing your exact character, I can only make assumptions as to what’s happening - however I have a strong belief what’s happening is that you have the corsair set, and have the apostacy passive point in the bladedancer tree.

In Last Epoch, conversion only happens once. You cannot step something through multiple points of conversion.

So Corsair’s is converting your normal glancing blow chance to block chance, then apostacy is converting your dodge chance to glancing blow chance. As conversion only happens once, corsair’s will not also grab the glancing blow chance created by apostacy since that’s the result of a conversion already.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation.

Looks like my build is dead in the water!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.