Corruption Lowering Difficulty Suggestion

Is it different to the boss mono for decreasing corruption that we’ve always had?

Yes, it says it lets you choose an amount, small, medium or all. So you can beat it and lower from 400 to 100 instantly on empowered.

I assume it’s not been posted about in #news.

Edit: Oh, patch notes…

Edit #2: I can live with that. So from the sound of it, Shade’s always increase corruption, no matter how close or how high your corruption. Hopefully a good thing if it allows for faster corruption increasing.

No, they only cut the shades that would lower corruption anyway.

They didn’t change anything else about shades or how much corruption they give.

Actually just shades that gives bonus corruption ( when you have other timelines that are at higher corruption) got a little increase in these values

Only the bonus corruption from gaze was increased by 10%

Which is neglectable.

Each Gaze gave 8 corruption with diminishign return starting at the 4th.

Not sure how the rounding goes, but even when rounding up that is minimal and will not feel any different.

Its now probably something like 9, 18, 27…
Instead of 8, 16, 24

Ops, I misread that part.

What is the general consensus around community, it should have higher values?
(The base corruption)

I think there is never a “general consensus” in video game communities. :sweat_smile:

But if you ask me, corruption gaining is actually not that bad right now, only corruption itself is not in a great spot.

But if they really want to make corruption increasing easier I personally would increase the corruption that top end shades (the oens that currently give +15-18 corruption) and make Shades significantly more challenging, depending on how much corruption they give.

Currently there is no noticeable difference between a Shade that gives +1 and oen that gives +18 corruption.

Yeah , :joy::joy:
But you have put it nicely, I think that would be simple but yet great changes to slightly give more corruption when you beat the most distant orobyss. And also make them more difficult. You have though it very well.

1 Like

IMO, this whole corruption system could and probably should be streamlined considerably.
Do we really need to unlock the same corruption levels for every timeline?
Do we need it as granular as atm, where you can increase it by like 8?

My suggestion would be:

• Have an interface to select the corruption level in steps of 50 for each timeline
  • Killing a Timeline Endboss/Shade increases your maximum corruption level globally by something like 50 or even 100
  • Gaze mechanic obsolete

The devs stated the monolotith endgame corruption should be arround 300 so i can’t tell what’s an okay value and what’s not because if they truely intended 300 to be the new 1000 their balancing is all over the place and some builds are 3-10 times to strong ^^.

If 300 corruption is indeed the value they aim for then getting 9 points is nice if 800 - 1000 is still the edgame with fully fledged builds then the numbers need more tweeking because it suxx to play “underlevel” content again and again just to get into the intresting parts of the game.

We more predicted it than asked for it, haha.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.