Considering purchasing Last Epoch, need info

Hello everyone, new here. I hope it isn’t inappropriate for me to post here since I haven’t yet purchased the game, if so I apologize. I created an account because I am highly interested in Last Epoch. I just found out about this game yesterday and have watched numerous YouTube videos and read about it as much as I can. I’ve been dying for a good ARPG but have already played the heck out of Diablo, finished Grim Dawn (excellent game by the way, highly recommend) and just couldn’t get into Path of Exile and this looks like EXACTLY what I need to cure my craving.

I just had a question before I take the plunge. I was curious if anyone could tell me, based on the amount of content in the game right now, how long it takes to complete the main campaign? I just want to make sure I’ll get enough playtime out of the game to justify my purchase. I got Grim Dawn on sale on GoG (came with all the expansions) for $25 (excellent deal, love GoG) and it was totally worth it because it was DRM free so my wife was able to install and play it and she loved it as well. I also got 200+ hours out of it for my first run. I’m hoping to get at least 50-75 hours out of Last Epoch with current content. I also realize it’s early access so to expect bugs, performance issues, etc. So I don’t expect flawless, bug free game play. I just want to have fun. Thanks everyone.

Hey welcome! Additionally to the campaign and unlike diablo 1-2 and to some degree grim dawn, there are major endagme systems (monolith of fate, arena and dungeons) to finish levelling and gearing our characters. If you are willing to participate in them them you can easily sink 100 + hours into one character.
If you’re just intrested in playing the campaign i’m not sure if this is the game your looking for.

Well, to be honest, the campaign portion isn’t super important as long as there are things to do to keep me occupied. Mostly I’m just addicted to getting more powerful and getting better loot, lol. But I also like flexibility in classes as well and it seems this game is offering that. I don’t even mind grinding for gears, materials, or just grinding content as long as it’s engaging.

Welcome ot the LE community.

Depending on your playstyle, the main story will be around 6-8 hours of pure gameplay.

In terms of “content”, I would say without min-maxing and just getting the “core-parts” of a build up and running I would say you can spend a good 20-40 hours on a particular build.
If you go into min-maxing realms we are easily talking 100-200 hours per character.

With how the skill spec system works you can play multiple builds on one chars, with minimal effort, if those builds have the same mastery (mastery is the only thing that is not respeccable in LE).
In case you play multiple characters and you get some more exp and ressources (at least when you play normal/shared stash) you can get the campaign down to 3-5 hours.

Awesome! That was exactly the answer I was hoping for. I’ll be honest, I tend to be a min/maxer. I get obssessed with making my build the best it can be. If I can get 100-200 hours out of the game with that it is definitely worth it, heck, if I could get 50+ hours out it would be worth it. Plus, there aren’t enough ARPG’s that are any good, in my opinion, and I want to support this game because it looks awesome. I also like what I have seen of the crafting system. My last question, what is the current max level for a character?

1 Like

then welcome to LE :grinning:

Here are some ressources to get you started:
Community Game Guide (online version of the ingame guide)
Last Epoch Tools
Tunklab

Those aren’t essential for a first playthrough, but if questions arise a good place to look for answers.

edit:
max char level is 100, for skills it’s 20. For skills there are affixes and uniques to raise the level cap.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you both for the information. I think I’m going to go ahead and purchase the game now. I am somewhat low income so I have to be a little picky as to what I spend money on so the information greatly helps.

1 Like

Awesome, I hope you enjoy your time in LE.

Just remember to press [G], when you are in-game, that game guide is one of the best in-game ressources of any game.

But if you have any other questions just feel free to ask here, on the discrod or in the game chat (game already has a built-in chat)

Great. Will do. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.