Companions For Adventuring

We can set individual agro modifiers for each different totem. I think we’ll look at making storm totem less agro happy than the others.

1 Like

We will continue to tweek the numbers on it but I’ve just made the storm totems less of agro magnets than the other totems and pets.

1 Like

No offence intended but isn’t this a bit wrong from a balancing point of view? Aren’t the storm totems very potent and should therefor be focused by enemys? Sure if they did indeed had a taunt mechanic build in, so to speak, that’s a fair move but I think it’s a bit difficult to leave the totem at a lower agro after it starts to damage enemys ^^.

This was a consideration when we made the change. It is something that we’re going to test and change still. We are planning several changes to the minion agro systems.

1 Like

and change that tree summoning unique ring, it’s a low level proc minion for a low level with high aggro draw. The tree model looks awesome though, could we get the tree fleshed out, and added in a skill tree with modifiers to the tree? maybe add a chance to summon a big tree in the spriggan form skill tree?

Thx for the replies :). I was just thinking about it and didn’t want to make a fuzz :). I think so far everything is in a good shape and after some number tweaks things will be fine. Then again I hope there will be some kind of substitute if totems will have less agro. Something like a dummy totem that shouts insults at enemys forcing them to attack it or something like that.

Oof this sounds great, would be amazing to have

this sounds so good vidmate teatv shareit

Holy thread-necro batman!

At least it’s still probably pretty accurate.

2 Likes

Hey! So finally companions are added to the game? Whoo! Hyped :rofl::partying_face::partying_face:

Yes, but don’t forget, there’s only 1 node on the Wolf that makes 1 wolf not count towards the cap!
Hang on, WTF’s that node now? Or was it removed because it would be a bit confusing?

Wait, there’s a cap on Wolves? Hype is over now…

Yup, this is an in-game image:

1 Like

Made my day… Just have no answer to this. I love you Llama8! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

****yeah you do!

While this is indeed a very old post, I haven’t seen anything since that has indicated a change to this specific statement. Currently Minion classes still suffer from not being able to use any skills if they want multiple types of companions/minions and this is pretty unfair and IMO one reason the beastmaster zookeeper and the necromancer lag behind other classes.

Has anything been in the works? While companions/minions get there own specialization bar different than your main 5 skills so you can summon them and buff them up without sacrificing skills like entangling roots/eterras blessing.

I feel for a much more immersive zookeeper gameplay that the zookeeper should be able to have access to all 5 of its skills and companions should be a separate entity, same with minions in general. Necro runs into the same problem that with 4or 5 types of minions used you no longer have any supporting skills or self use skills like rip blood and a movement skill like transplant and its such a disadvantage.

Id really like to see changes to this area in the future. :slight_smile:

1 Like