Coated Blades (Rogue base passive) consumes mana twice when used with charged Puncture or charged Detonating Arrow

The Coated Blades Rogue passive gives melee and bow attacks that already cost mana more damage in return for higher mana cost. The Penumbral Ambush Puncture specialization gives Puncture a mana cost, allowing it to work with Coated Blades. However, when using the Stay of Execution specialization, the mana cost for coated blades is consumed twice per puncture shot - once at the start the charge and a second time at the end of the charge.

After testing, this problem also occurs with the “Aimed Shot” Detonating Arrow specialization which causes Detonating Arrow to get a similar charge-up.

Yup, known issue, since it’s (I believe) coded as a “use” when you start the channel & when it fires.

I thought this was fixed in a previous patch after I had reported it in the linked thread.

" * Fixed a bug where Puncture with Penumbral Ambush would trigger the mana consumption of Rogue’s Coated Blades passive multiple times."
from the 0.8.3b patch notes. Beta 0.8.3b Patch Notes

1 Like

Apparently, it was not. And Detonating Arrow has the same problem.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.