Closed Multiplayer Testing Begins | Development Update

Its like a buffet of finger food matching every little thing that has been discussed in the last 6 months… tasty… but the aroma from the kitchen in the back is most tantalising… :wink:

good luck and dont forget about the “life-work” balance… (yes… it should be life work, not work life…) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Looking forward to what all of this will bring! The models look insane too

This sounds really good!

If there’s any funny or unexpected bugs or crashes or so during the MP testing, please report about them! That stuff can be totally hilarious

1 Like

Dare I ask… could we expect to officialy “Go Online” in Spetember? even if the full multiplayer experience isnt 100% nailed down yet by then.

The timeline for wider multiplayer testing availability depends on the outcome of the tests as we progress and expand the tests. So we cannot provide a specific timeline at the moment for this, however there is a possibility for wider multiplayer availability around this mark.

Nice. Love the game. Are you keeping Runemaster and Falconer for 1.0?

You have definitely gotten much better at visuals and level design to the point I think the first main section needs to be completely redone.

Don’t really care about MP personally. I think the progression is in a pretty good state though when you can choose a Mastery relative to level is a bit off

This is awesome guys! Hope the tests go well and can’t wait to try to submit my own application for the future testing!

YESSSSS

This is the update information I’ve been waiting for, for well over a year. Very exciting times ahead now. Huge step for Multiplayer and Online systems and I’m glad it’s been taken to the closed testing part of the community.

I wasn’t expecting combat feel updates yet so that’s awesome. I guess it may hand-in-hand with general performance updates but regardless, the feeling of hitting and killing mobs needed something more and it’s being worked on now! The examples looked great as well.

Really looking forward to seeing any data relating to performance updates. This has been a big issue for me (and many others) and I’m really just interested to know what the causes are because it’s so wildly inconsistent.

I’ve been very vocal about perfomance in LE for years now and I’m very much looking forward to these updates! I just wanna play the game man!

edit: spelling and stuff

2 Likes

All they’ve said is that the remaining masteries will be released on or before 1.0. Hopefully we will be able to get them before 1.0 but who knows.

First of all, grats on the progress!!

Please, though, give us some UI SCALING so we can finally play on big screens / TVs…! Text / ui elements are tiny @1080p on just a 40" tv.

So many improvements. The only one I really wish to add is “sound-fx-when-aura-on” or sounds that let you know that something important happens like bitting heart when dying or red screen shake. This game has a very nice look now but sound and music always was very important in ARPG.

1 Like

This is such amazing news along with some huge updates/improvements! Really excited for the future of the game and definitely looking forward to multiplayer!

I hope you didn’t forget about blocked subclasses. :roll_eyes:

Looking forward all the updates!

Hello, thanks for the update,
I have just a few questions about dev process,
Almost 3 years ago, Unity released ECS (including C# Job Systems and Burst compiler) providing high performance code execution and data oriented way to create games, making profit of multithreading, enhancing both code clarity and greatly optimizing performance (specially when using a large amount of gameobjects entities), still a low amount of game developpers really using it, but as a game developper that can really take advantage of such technology, is it planned to take advantage of these new features (if they’re not already in use) or it require a too much amount of work and can’t be done at this point of the developement ?

Thank you.

Looking great. Are testers allowed to show multiplayer footage?

1 Like

Community Testers have a signed NDA so no footage.

Sounds great. Again, fantastic of you guys letting us know what’s going on and where you stand. Looking forward to it!

Cant speak for the devs on this ECS specifically…

But I can mention that similar questions have been asked in the past - like if LE will support AMD FSR or Nvidia DLSS and other new Unity features like supporting the new ARM Mac chips…

The version of unity that LE currently uses is 2019.4 LTS so the devs are limited to this version and what it supports… anything that requires a newer version of Unity potentially will have issues unless its backwards compatible. In response, the devs have indicated (about 18 months ago) that its not impossible, but that upgrading to a newer version of unity to enable then to use newer features etc, could take them about a year of dev time which they didnt have.

This may have changed since, but only they can say.

Amazing. I’m super hyped and looking forward to the future of this game.