Clicking an item in your inventory and then quickly moving your mouse causes you to "drop" the item

Bug: Clicking an item in your inventory and then quickly moving your mouse causes you to “drop” the item.

See video link here.

Unable to replicate that one…

Are you sure your mouse click is actually working properly?

Reason I ask is that I have had a similar issue with clicking / drag dropping etc in the past that turned out to be that my mouse was randomnly double clicking instead of single clicking… I tried everything software & driver wise to resolve it and it seemed to be ok for a while before happening again… eventually just got a new mouse and the problem has not happened again since (6 months so far)…

Not saying you havent found a bug, just that I am unable to replicate it and there may be a secondary cause…

Mouse is working fine elsewhere (in Windows and in other games).

I thought the same with mine until I tested it properly on the various online click testers and discovered random clicking…

As I said, not saying you havent found a bug… just that I am unable to replicate it - something the devs are likely going to have to do if they have any way of confirming the bug and fixing it…

Very easy to repro for me by clicking (once, not dragging) near the edge of an item and then quickly move my mouse out of the item bounds. Clicking and then waiting a short duration (< 200ms probably) will cause the item to remain on the cursor as expected.

For reference, similar functionality working correctly in another game:
Video link here.

Maybe I am too old and the fingers cannot move as fast as yours anymore… Honestly, I have tried to reproduce the effect in your video and am unable to do it no matther what I do…

Are you using any mouse acceleration features either in Windows or using specific mouse software (like Logitecs?)… I have sometimes struggled with a mouse set too fast / high dpi or one that compensates/links how fast you move the most with how far the cursor moves (one small flick and your cursor travels the full screen width). If you are using mouse software, temporarily disable it to see if it makes any difference - just as a test.

My gut feeling is that this issue is probably going to need more people to test and try it out to see what happens.

I’ve had it happen before.

Any idea if the devs confirmed it as something they can fix in the future?

This is a frustrating bug I run into a lot because I am a fast dragger. We still have not been able to know the cause of it. I’ll make a note to look into it more.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.