Class Mastery Respec Bug

This is probably a known issue for quite a while but maybe it is just not properly fixed yet.

There are still problems with respec-ing class passives.

For example, Bladedancer’s Shroud of Dusk requires a total of 10 points in Bladedancer passives and 20 points in Rogue passives. However, what it actually requires is a total of 10 points invested in the earlier passives (the passives before level 10). Points put in Shroud of Dusk or later passives do not count towards the requirement. I am not sure if it is intended or not, but if it is intended, the tooltips should be updated to reflect this.

https://ibb.co/vZB5GhK

In this screenshot, you can clearly see that I have 25 points Rogue passives and 18 points in Bladedancer, but it still won’t let me respec points in Flow, because it says I will have lower than 10 points in Bladedancer if I do the respec, which is not true.

I played around with the respec-ing and the end result is I must put 10 points in the earlier passive to meet the requirements. Putting points in Shroud of Dusk or later passives do not count.

Could you link a screenshot without the message it’s very dark & I can’t see what points you have where.

Generally, as you say, passive nodes require X points in earlier nodes to unlock them, you can’t put 10 points in the first row then another 10 in the third row (Shroud of Darkness/Scarlet Stream/Rhythm) & then respec the 10 in the first row (that would be equivalent to building a house then removing the bricks at the bottom & expecting the bricks above to not fall down).

It’s not a bug but maybe the “require Bladedancer level X” wording could be changed a bit to reflect that “requires X points in earlier Bladedancer passives” or something similar.

If this is intended, then they should really change the wording like you said, because there are games out there where points put in the passive nodes would sustain the points requirement for these passives themselves.

Using your housing analogy, right now the tooltips are saying the house will not crumble if you have 10 bricks anywhere in the house instead of saying the 10 bricks must be in the lower level to sustain the building.

My guess is that the devs probably didn’t think this was ever going to be a problem because they thought people will always put enough passive points in the earlier nodes.

I am assuming this is because you put multiple points into Shroud of Dusk? You need at least 10 points in the lower half of Bladedancer to unlock that node, this is explained in the text, “Consequently, at least 10 points must be invested in Bladedancer nodes that require fewer than 10 points in Bladedancer” ; you need 10 points for Shroud of Dusk.

2 Likes

Jeez, you are right. I was so focused on the tooltip that shows up when you hover your mouse over the passive node you want to put the points in but I never fully read the texts you just mentioned, which is right in front of my face.

My bad. I guess I was just hoping too much to see the points put in the passive nodes themselves can satisfy the point requirement.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.