Characters disappearing

I’ve tried starting LE twice now, each time my character screen is empty the next day.

I don’t want to risk spending time on the game if my shit disappears?
Why are my characters going missing?

Okay so basically if the game crashes or your pc shuts down mid game your saved profile here C:\Users\{user}\AppData\LocalLow\Unity\Eleventh Hour Games_Last Epoch gets purged and is empty

Which is odd 'cause they’re supposed to be saved here:
C:\Users{user}\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

Hi Llama8,
Yes you’re right it seems, I was trying to reproduce the error but that wasn’t it.
I tried forcefully closing the game and the PC but couldn’t get my characters to disappear again.

1 Like

Hey…

Just chipping in here… If the game crashes while trying to access one of the local files (savegame, filters, global stash) then its very possible that any of those files can get corrupted and obviously be unable to load when the game restarts…

To mitigate this problem when playing beta early access games, I backup all my saves (entire LE folder) before I play or before I let a patch update - that way the worst that can happen is that I lose the last playsession of progress…

my character literally disappeared after using synch strike

Hey… This is an entirely different thing - the OP lost his savegame, you have a graphical problem in game… I’d recommend you post your own bug report with your details else this potential bug could get lost.

It’s also been posted about before back in January but wasn’t responded to by the devs (naughty @KissingAiur!) & is now closed, so a new thread would probably be a good idea. Though HybridLyte did reply to a post in May about it & that thread is still open.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.