Character in hardcore end up in hardcore solo challenge upon death and not in softcore

When you die as a hardcore chracter now your stash stays in hardcore, but your character gets resurected in hardcore solo challenge mode without being able to deactivate the challenge in settings.
This makes it basically worthless to be played for farming purposes.
Ingame in “C” menu it’s tagged “Deathless Solo” right after being dead for the first time.
Dying again doesn’t change that.

Before 0.9 the character ended up in softcore as its described in char creation screen, not sure about stashed inventory.
Is this a bug or a new intended punishment for death in hc?

Edit: Upon further inspection i noticed my old hc offline chars that were tagged “ghost” before are now also tagged “hc solo” in char selection screen but still have access to my softcore Stash.

1 Like

We are investigating this issue. Thank you for the report.

Happened to me as well but some extra info…

After i died in Online play - HC character has the Deathless HC Solo tag in C menu.
Made a new character in Online play - SC.

Both these characters shares the same stash, gold & crafting materials. Was able to switch gear using the stash between these two characters.

I assume the character that died in HC is indeed in SC but only the tag is wrong?
Thank you!

For this particular issue, I am not the one looking into it so I can’t provide more information on what it is happening. All I can say is that I did hear that we are aware of it. We will get to the bottom of it. Thanks.

The Issue got fixed in today in 0.9b hotfix - now dead HC chars share stash with SC Chars again.
They still show up as “HC Solo” though and get the wrong “Deathless Solo Challenge” tag in “C” menu.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.