Changing zones 'killed' my Void Knight

I exited a town like I did a hundred times, got a loading screen that lasted 3 seconds, and got a ‘Connection Lost’ message. When I connected back into the game, my HC character was ‘dead’ (Deathless Solo Challenge) …
Is there any way to fix it? I know I didn’t die, I couldn’t even enter any zone and was in a town, and even if by some magic I did enter the next zone, Grace Period should have prevented me from dying until my character got disconnected from the server.
That character could virtually not die in the zone I was in, too much defenses and regen to even take damage …

Nope, Grace Period being way too short is one of the outstanding issues to be fixed this week

This isn’t necessarily what killed you, but you disconnecting while your character went in the next zone and the grace period expired can happen.

Ok, but even then, I really could not die. Level 52 in a lower level zone, fully capped, lots of regen and defenses. I couldn’t even die when I tried dying when we 3 in the zone with my friends xD
But even that’s moot I think, cuz the loading screen was way shorter than usual, it almost instantly crashed. Not even sure I managed to reach the zone I was supposed to load. And even if I did, there’s not mobs next to the door, my friend cleared the zone before I even entered. He didn’t even see me spawn in the zone. I just ‘died’.

I don’t mind losing chars to HC, wouldn’t be the first time, won’t be the last, but I do mind dying to a connection bug

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.