Cant seem to unlock Empowerd Timelines again

Same thing seems to be happening last time this monolith update came in when the new 90’s were added

When this patch updated I had a character 20 echoes into the Heorot 90 timeline which even after completing 2 quest echoes and remembered my completion made me start from 0 stability, I completed that and then the Last Ruin 90 and had also prior already completed Spirits of Fire - went to the middle island and triggered the cut scene - and I cannot choose anything empowered. My UI states Empowered Timelines unlocked 0/10, ive tried clicking on the altar, relogging and nothing

The only thing that character hasnt done is unlock the remaining branches of 2 timelines ive already done which I assume isnt a requirement and if so unsure why the animation played in the centre island

1 Like

Can you provide a screenshot of your monolith map of all the timelines?

Hi, thanks for response

This is my monolith map now

https://imgur.com/a/0t5jhw2

Right after I posted this I checked and there was a yellow icon on the Last Ruin monolith I just completed, I went back to look and the entire monolith is still open after I beat the boss and appears to want me to clear it again

https://imgur.com/a/9z0GQRS

So I dont know, guess ill clear the Last Ruin again to see, also to note on my Blessing list the game considers I have found 3 from Winter/Last Ruin but not any other monoliths as I have not cleared any since the new patch on this character

Was this a fresh character or one already progressed in monolith starting 0.8.2?

Older character, as I wrote above the character was 20 echoes into Age of Winter monolith when the patch released

Do you need to unlock the second branches in Ending the Storm and Blood Frost and Death because its not done on this character but I assumed you didnt need to, also the animation played for the shrine so something triggered

You wouldn’t need to unlock everything more, just default the last three timelines is what is needed to unlock empowered.

So when you go to the monolith timelines they don’t give you an option to pick from non-empowered or empowered? If so have you checked all of them?

You didn’t happen to die/crash/f4/logout/close the game when completing the last timeline needed for empowered?

No i didnt crash or have any issues, everything was fine and ive tried them all now, there is usually a 100 icon on the timeline map which there is none and my UI says 0/10 unlocked

same thing happened a few months ago, i even sent in my character file, its pretty much exactly the same issue which also means I cant potentially play any character that had an open timeline when the patch released

Ive played 2 other characters fine this patch who already had empowred mono’s open with no issues

So im guessing since there has no been no response there is nothing that can fix this and now I have a second bricked character who cannot progress due to this system and have to wait potentially up to 2 months for a fix or reroll a level 88 which I am NOT doing

approx 6 hours prior to this patch before I went to bed that night you were hanging around in the chat and I almost asked you “hey what happens if I have a monolith open when the patch launches” trying to avoid this but I assumed there was no way this would happen again but here we are yet again

edit: a patch releases 3 hours ago and contains no mention of this. im just going to stop playing

I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

There are multiple players who are reporting progression breaks when doing monolith. We are investigating if there is similarities between players to find a way to resolve the issues. It could be the case that everyone is getting different breaks from the same problem. There is unfortunately no ETA on a fix yet but I assure you this issue is raised in priority for our development team.

I started a fresh char after the last big patch and I’m experiencing the same issue. I completed the last 3 timelines and went to the box, the cinematic played. However, I immediately went back to the Spirits of Fire timeline to run 1 more monolith with rewards that I wanted.

I thought that perhaps I bricked my empowered timelines by not immediately proceeding to do them after the unlock cinematic played. I replayed the Spirits of Fire timeline to see if killing the boss would trigger progress towards unlocking the empowered timeline again but it didn’t appear to (the line on the ground leading to the empowered monolith didn’t light up this time).
Save.zip (51.9 KB)

1 Like

Same thing has happened to me. All regular monoliths completed but didn’t click on blue box before logging off. Now nothing happens when I click it. Super frustrating. I love this game, it’s amazing, but I’ll be putting it down until this is fixed.

Edit: The most recent patch fixed this issue for me. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.