Cannot climb Liath's Tower past level 3

Version 0.9.1C, Windows 10 Pro. Playing OFFLINE solo (NOT CF). Level 53 Spellblade.

Trying to complete the quest in Liath’s Tower, but I get to the 3rd level and cannot continue upwards. Every time I try to go up the stairs, I end up back where I started at the bottom of the same stairs. I have tried starting the game and even rebooting the computer and then restarting the game with the same results.

I have had trouble with the tower before because sometimes my character would land so close to the “click area” used to go back down that my first action on the new level would send me backwards. But this time I’m letting go of the mouse completely before my character has finished running to the “up” staircase, so I’m definitely not clicking.

I’m also not getting to level 4. HELP!

1 Like

Can you post your player log from this session if you still have it? Also, can you please list the skills you were using when this occurred as well as a gif of the bug happening?

I would (and will) be glad provide everything you need, but I need to know the wheres and hows for finding the files and capturing the data or screens. I found one file in \Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch_Data\Logs named bmslog.txt, but it has a size of zero. I know how to use F12 to capture a screenshot, but I do not know how to capture a video – I didn’t even know that was possible for regular players. As for “skills you were using” Does that mean a list of what I have loaded in the five skill slots or what may have actually been active at the time? I’m pretty sure I had a Fire Aura, but beyond that I’ll need to get in the game and check, which I will do after I learn how to enable (or capture) the log you want and how to capture the GIF that you want as well.

Apologies for my ignorance…this is the first time I’ve tried to report a game bug of any kind.

OK, I figured out that my nVidia GeForce Experience can record video, so I uploaded a file that shows me trying to go to level 4, starting at the transport pad in Liath’s Tower. I think you can see the skills I have active, but if you need more, just ask. Also, I searched for new logs in both the Documents and the Steam folder trees and found nothing that looks like a log that was written today by Last Epoch. The closest thing I found was the SteamUI.log, but I don’t think that’s what you are requesting. You can find the video at https://www.svalli.com/files/LastEpoch2023.06.06-16.10.24.01.mp4 Sorry that it is about 330M. You will probably want to download it before playing as that web server doesn’t have much bandwidth.

Same problem here, i think that entry - exit area are too close (and too large) and automatically move you to the lower floor

Same problem for me.
Version 0.9.1C, Windows 10, Online, level 53 Lich. I’m playing in 1440p, if it matters.
It can happen when trying to enter level 3 and level 4.
The first time I go these levels it works, but when I go to the lower level and try to go back to the upper level again, it instantly moves me to the lower level.
If I completely leave the tower and come back, it works.
Video here (to download, it seems that Nvidia is doing very big videos)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.