Can you guys do something about the hordes of nazis and right wing trolls in the chat?

Like, its gotten bad. I cant play for more than an hour before i see someone being mad about you guys making a black paladin, blaming it on leftist academics, talking about cultural marxism(an obvious nazi conspiracy theory) or just straight up getting mad about “the jews”.
Its really bad. I feel like the chat is just a little 4chan.
As far as i can see there is also no way to report people.

1 Like
1 Like

Honestly just turn chat off, it’s been like this on and off for so long at this point. They don’t want to put the time into sorting out this chat, and instead are just waiting until they implement the new chat thing (assuming its coming with multiplayer). It is what it is. Nothing we can do about it, and the only response is to use the reporting system that requires way more time than any reporting system should. And sadly theres very few people in the community that actually care enough about it to put any real pressure on the devs to do anything about the hate speech that constantly crops up, but again it is what it is, you dont play arpgs if you expect dealing with hate speech and bigotry to be a priority.

Yesterday I saw EHG_Kain in chat requesting that people stay respectful in chat. Seems like they might care more than you think. And also I have literally never seen blatant racism or left/right wing conspiracy stuff. Granted I immediately block people that annoy me in chat so I never have to see the dummys acting dumb again. I play a lot, I look at chat a lot. Racism would always get called out by me. I’ve been so proud of LE for the paladin but you must agree it is extremely rare in these types of games to even have a black character. It still catches me by surprise (in a good way). As a community member I realize that others will have different perspectives and it is my responsibility to get them off my screen. Easy peasy by blocking folks who offend me. And thank you for posting here to raise some awareness on the issue, but I truly believe EHG has a good plan in the future to address these incidents. Remember this is still beta.

2 Likes

This itself is a conspiracy theory. While I agree with you on the racist junk, the word ‘Nazi’ is meaningless when you call everyone you disagree with a nazi.

People get mad at me when I put pineapple on my pizza, but I know they are just anti-pineapple nazis.

4 Likes

The best pizza in the world has pinnaple! Prove me wrong.

3 Likes

The ONLY way to go… (although I like mine with xtra garlic and chillies and if I want to piss off everyone… a little banana & avo too…)…

There is info on the CHAT in the last MP updates & additional info regarding moderation below. Basically the new chat system will allow for much more moderation and EHG is considering the use of Community Moderators (see below for careful discussion on that) etc. Only problem is that its probably not going to be implemented before MP.

Right now, I dont think there is any moderation other than having EHG staff monitor the chat and if their Discord presence is anything to go by, I dont think they are currently available 24x7.

As for reporting things - there is a post above you can use.

This is probably the best solution right now… I have not used in-game chat in over a year now because of similar concerns…

If there’s one thing I’d censor, it’d be people that put banana & avocado on pizza. That is the abomination here, not pineapple…

What next Vapourfire? Ice Cream? Chocolate? Are there any other gastronomic deviancies you should definitely not share with us? I’m not sure that I should be surprised given you don’t even capitalise your own name…

Now I’m going to try & settle my humours with a nice fresh cup of tea.

:clown_face:

You havent lived till you have enjoyed caramelised banana slices melded with yummy mozzerella, crispy parma ham, tart yet sweet warm pineapple and cool creamy avo… you just dont know what you are missing…

I suppose a normal spinach, feta, avo, caramelised onions, mushrooms and peppadews is also out for you then?

Come to mention it, I have tried a dark chocolate and poached pear with honey glazed walnuts dessert pizza but that didnt do it for me tho… maybe a dollup of madagasgan vanilla icecream would help helped, but I didnt think of it at the time… all a little pretentious if you ask me…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Enjoy the Earl Grey…

Wait…you never heard about the chocolate pizza?

1 Like

Whats in game chat ?

And pineapple on pizza deserves the birch. :joy:

1 Like

Hello Jewlez,

This is something which we take very seriously. We do have some community moderators trying to help us keep an eye on chat, but unfortunately we can’t guarantee we can catch every occurrence as it happens.

If a conversation like this is happening in chat, and there doesn’t appear to be a moderator present: the fastest resolution would be to send myself personally a ping on our discord server and I’ll generally be able to investigate immediately as a Community Support Personnel. If I’m not available, or do not respond (say it’s the weekend and I’m not near my PC) I’d recommend submitting a support ticket and block the offending players https://support.lastepoch.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1900001287744.

With the new chat system coming to Last Epoch, we will have better moderation tools at our disposal as well as better visibility of Beesfriends (Community Guides and Moderators). In the near future we should also be rolling out the Beesfriends to our Discord server as well to help clarify who community members can reach out to for guidance and moderation assistance.

I apologize for your experience in chat, and confirm that yes - this is something we take seriously and are actively taking measures concerning it as well as making ourselves available to address it until we have more automated processes in place. If you would like to provide me with a general timestamp of when this conversation was taking place in a DM, I can most certainly investigate.

2 Likes

Putting fruit on a pizza is miles better than putting veggies on it (the sauce excluded).

1 Like

Sorry it makes you so upset that only the only modern politics associated with the abhorrent racism and cockamamie conspiracy theories of the Nazis lands firmly on the right, I guess?

:roll_eyes:

Imagine, imagine attacking somebody for attacking the Nazis.

Keep proving me right by maliciously flagging comments that call out bigots, bigots and bigot apologists.

1 Like

Or maybe, just maybe, the only reason anybody’s talking about the need to get rid of right leaning trolls in chat is because the only racist, hateful comments being made in chat are coming from right leaning trolls, and their apologists.

We get it. We all get it. Jones and/or Rogan and/or Shapiro sold you on a crackpot conspiracy theory that you’re under threat, which you bought hook, line and sinker either because it’s better than feeling inadequate or you’ve confused contrarianism with wisdom. But the end result is the same - You are either directly taking abhorrent positions, or being an apologist for those that are. Those positions do not belong and should not be welcome in any civilized society or community and nobody, ever, is wrong for saying “Hey, maybe let’s not let bigots run rampant in our chat rooms”.

I’m pretty sure that the people who are opposing literal, actual, unapologetic neo-Nazis actually are fighting Nazis, chief.

Both of you please go back to Stormfront.

Sorry it makes you so upset that only the only modern politics associated with the abhorrent racism and cockamamie conspiracy theories of the Nazis lands firmly on the right, I guess?

:roll_eyes:

Imagine, imagine attacking somebody for attacking the Nazis.

Keep proving me right by maliciously flagging comments that call out bigots, bigots and bigot apologists.

1 Like

The real problem isn’t the right or the left, to be honest. It’s the right-extreme, and the left-extreme being portrayed as the plain right and plain left when it isn’t. Not all conservatives or liberals believe what their extremes promote. And, just like game forums (see how I’m tying this to the game? LOL), only the loudest (which are the extremes) are heard. The silent majority is real, and it’s a lot more sane/neutral than portrayed to be.

Nuff said.

Pineapple 2022!

2 Likes

I’m locking this thread. This is devolving into political and ideological fights rather than a discussion regarding presence of moderation and moderation principles.

4 Likes