Can we get rid of the short dash that Void Cleave does when cast

I have died too many times to this when it just nudges me inside and aoe that is too close to a boss. Already had to toggle off ‘Move to melee attack enemies that are out of melee range’ from settings for the same reason.

Disagree. IMO it makes it more fun to play with, and without it Void Cleave would just be a boring cleave clone.

The dying problem you’re having sounds more like a gameplay issue to me. Have you tried not using a skill that moves your character when you’re really close to a deadly AOE?

2 Likes

If I could see it through time bubble I probably could. But the dash is also problematic elsewhere since it goes all the way to the center of the hitbox if it can. Bosses like Lagon can bug you out since the dash can sometimes take you over the edge of the arena. Or in some cases inside objects in other areas. Playing as a melee is already full of micromanaging your positioning and having to do more of it because one skill is designed like this is just bad design. I can’t think of a way how you find something like that fun.

It really sounds to me like the problem is that you’re trying to use a skill that moves you like it’s a skill that doesn’t move you.

1 Like

Yes it probably sounds like that if you’re doing a daddy act with brutally honest facts. But you already ignored my comment trying to explain it with some depth. If it’s just honest nonunderstanding it’s fine. When you become more experienced with games you start to realize when a function has malfunction tied to it in a way that requires micro level actions. Sic repositioning back every 2,5 seconds can not be intentional design choice but instead something that have been overlooked. Can you now go be obnoxious somewhere else. It seems you have a bit of a habit going on in these forums.

1 Like

It sounds like that because I’ve played through the entire game with Void Cleave and I’ve never bunny hopped myself into a heavily telegraphed death AOE with it. Since that is undeniably a skill issue on your part and not a problem with Void Cleave, and I’ve also never yolo’d myself off a cliff or gotten stuck inside an object, I used Deductive Reasoning to conclude that your other issues had the same source. Perhaps something like Rive is more your speed?

I know it’s less bruising to blame skill design rather than yourself, but try to keep it civil.

1 Like

You can control how much Void Cleave moves your character, if your have your cursor very clsoe the the character the movement part of Void Cleave is minimal.

But I do like that Void Cleave has an inherent movement, because it can really be used to your advantage.

I could see a node being added that removes the movement part and removes the movement tag.

2 Likes

So your excuse is that since it hasn’t happened to you, or you have not noticed, it is not an actual problem when someone else experiences it in a noticeably problematic manner. Well let’s go through this again and maybe you then move on.

I don’t bunny hop myself into heavily telegraphed aoe’s. Already said in context less visual aoe’s are problematic because Time bubble has visually impairing effect.

I don’t yolo myself off cliffs. Already said in the context that is a bug and should not be happening.

Nobody probably tries to get themselves stuck inside objects on purpose. Ending inside one is also a bug.

Short interval micromanaging of positioning is overlooked matter and not functional design. There is already enough movement in the game otherwise.

You’re deliberately ignoring any description I have submitted and your smart ass solutions have been to not use the skill or giving an excuse that I use the skill wrong. Or “HOW IT DOES NOT AFFECT YOU”. You did not come here to have an actual conversation but to feed your narcissistic self. Your forum history seems to prove that.

The skill already has nodes to turn it into a specific movement skill which is why resolving the unnecessary nudge would be better solution. If it is removed there still is setting to set your character towards enemies you are not in range of and that should be enough. the nudge movement is always towards enemy hit box center which is not favourable if you’re trying to be strategic.

You do, though. That’s what you said:

This is a skill issue on your part, not an issue with Void Cleave the skill.

Can you explain how bugs with terrain collision indicate an issue with Void Cleave’s design?

This is also a skill issue on your part, not an issue with Void Cleave the skill. I’ve never had to micromanage my positioning with Void Cleave any more than I have with any other melee skill that doesn’t move me. You can say “Just because it’s not a problem for you doesn’t mean it’s not a problem for me”, and you’ll be right, but just because it’s a problem for you doesn’t mean it’s a problem.

Again, I think your only problem is that you want to use Void Cleave - a skill that moves you - like it’s a skill that doesn’t move you.

Since you’re clearly not open to hearing anyone who disagrees with you that Void Cleave’s design is the source of your deaths to AOE, I think it’d be a lot more accurate to say this to yourself in the mirror.

You’re mad because you keep dying and you want to blame Void Cleave so you don’t have to blame yourself. But it’s not Void Cleave’s fault. Have you considered trying Erasing Strike?

1 Like

It’s hard to argue with someone with someone who keeps getting stuck on details that are not there or are already explained but ignored. Let’s go through this once more since it’s amusing.

You do, though. That’s what you said:

HEAVILY TELEGRAPHED aoe’s are not hard to see. They are not problematic. You explained this to yourself all wrong.

This is a skill issue on your part, not an issue with Void Cleave the skill.

I already gave you explanation that you ignored. The skill can pull you up to all the way to the center of the hitbox of a boss. This almost always makes you get hit from aoe’s and also frontal coned attacks that start from the center of a mobs hitbox or really close to it. Your solution to not use the skill would mean to not use the skill at all in anticipation that boss will use a skill.

Can you explain how bugs with terrain collision indicate an issue with Void Cleave’s design?

Because the terrain collision works until you use void cleave. Even if the inherit reason for the bug would be in the code of terrain collision the problem lies within Void Cleave and is triggered by it. This is called causation.

This is also a skill issue on your part, not an issue with Void Cleave the skill. I’ve never had to micromanage my positioning with Void Cleave any more than I have with any other melee skill that doesn’t move me. You can say “Just because it’s not a problem for you doesn’t mean it’s not a problem for me”, and you’ll be right, but just because it’s a problem for you doesn’t mean it’s a problem.

Also causation and explained several times. If using a skill makes you move into unfavorable positions which you need to move out on constant short cooldown it is then micromanagement. We already know you don’t have to do it because you don’t use the skill and you don’t understand how it would be a problem.

Since you’re clearly not open to hearing anyone who disagrees with you

I am not open to someone arguing and egotripping just for the arguments sake. Your disagreeing is childish notes how I shouldn’t use the skill, how I’m using the skill wrong, how there is no problem because you don’t experience one, ignoring my explanations just to put the blame on me and act sarcastic. Only thing you have understood from here is

I think your only problem is that you want to use Void Cleave - a skill that moves you - like it’s a skill that doesn’t move you.

Yes that’s is right! Now let’s conclude that you still have absolutely no idea what the actual problems with the skill are, and your ego is too big to just not blame me for what you don’t understand about the skills design. I know you probably still want to keep doing what you do, but try to be a smart person and understand that you are not very welcome quest because of your obnoxious ways to have a “conversation”. There’s plenty of other posts where you can go pull your act. I think we’ve had enough of your bs here already.

Please remember to follow the Code of Conduct and remain civil in discussions.

The movement from Void Cleave is an intended part of its design, which can be used to advantage, or disadvantage - similar to dancing strikes, and warpath having forced movement as “movement” tagged skills.

It is valid feedback that you’re encountering frustration with a forced movement skill, and it’s certainly something we can take into consideration as to “how” it forces movement, or perhaps other aspects concerning it. At the current time it is intended for it to force movement in the attacking direction as a core part of the skill’s identity when you use it like other movement skills.

If you’re having issues identifying telegraphed attacks and accidentally Void Cleaving into them, I think adjusting the Telegraphing clarity would certainly be worthwhile to discuss, such as if there’s particular enemies it happens against, or in particular areas (We do know of and are adjusting some maps which are a bit too bright making telegraphs harder to see). Of course discussing the core functionality of Void Cleave is perfectly fine as well, just please keep it civil.

1 Like

Thank you for an actual conversation start.

I have already posted elsewhere about telegraphed attacks that get visibly blocked by VK’s Time Bubble. The bubble’s animation has two components. The sphere itself is almost fine but the whirling animation that gets added messes a lot ground effects. This in combination with other spell effects is a lot. Those map adjustments were actually really good start but with bubble and spell effects it’s still almost the same.

When it comes to forced movement of Void Cleave do take point of those few issues I brought up. First off the clipping into objects or out of boundaries. This has to be fixed somehow. Secondary the skill has important interaction with Erasing Strike. And as noted this interaction can be on a really short cooldown. So the intended movement towards a middle of a hit box can happen almost every 2-3 seconds. This is too short of a time to adjust constantly. In short ranged situations you’d need to adjust after every cast. And when the gap get’s bigger the longer you are just using your time adjusting because of this skill. If the space is too small like it can get in several occasions or boss fights the skill has to be dropped from rotation which is counter intuitive against the whole point of a build having that said interaction. The skill works well as an actual movement skill when you take the nodes for it but as it is now it’s just forced setting of ‘Move to melee attack enemies that are out of range’ just slightly worse. If the skill didn’t pull you all the way to the middle of a bosses hit box you would at least be safe from frontal coned attacks if you are correctly positioned behind the boss.

So if I use Lunge and get stuck in some boxes, does that mean Lunge needs to be changed so it doesn’t move your character anymore? Or does it mean the terrain collision needs to be fixed for non-walking character movement? Same question for every other skill that moves you.

My man after all your protesting you literally just described yourself trying to use Void Cleave like it’s a skill that doesn’t move your character. Like, I’m for real laughing out loud right now at how perfectly you proved me right. Thank you.

Let me help you: You’re also safe from frontal cone attacks if you don’t use a skill with an enormous 180 degree hitbox right next to and directly into the center of a boss, such that the equivalent of your character stepping forward makes it land in front of the boss instead of staying behind it.

1 Like

Movement abilities like this can be really interesting just for how they change the way you judge distance and approach danger, or move away from it. It keeps you from playing every character or ability the same way. If you’ve ever played League of Legends, this is a lot of how they make their characters feel and play differently, even if they essentially do the same things. There’s a few abilities like this in D3 also. In LE, especially lategame, a small amount of movement can frequently save your life so this is definitely a useful way of varying abilities in this game as well.

If you don’t appreciate the uniqueness of this ability, you might try playing a different build. There’s really no reason to ask the devs to make it less interesting just because you don’t find it useful or fun to play. Square peg round hole type of thing - There’s plenty of other classes and abilities to play such that there should be something you enjoy. Just takes some time to find it.

Yes, they do. They are bugs that need to be fixed that movement skills have, but the are separate from

Which is one of the intended skill “challenges” that the user needs to deal with. As Kain said, it’s the intended design.

Not really, it’s part of knowing when using a skill will be worse for you than not using it. Just blindly following a rotation without taking into account the tactical realities of the situation (ie, telegraphs and conal attacks) is a good way to take an unnecessary kicking from an encounter and is what divides high skill players (like @LizardIRL) and low skill players (like @McFluffin).

I used to main a gunslinger in SWTOR (a stationary dps) and until I started to be more responsive to the situational demands of the boss fights (aka, Llama, stop standing in shit) the most common refrain was “big heals on Llama”. That said, all i was rrying to do was stop the healers from getting bored (the poor dears) and give the tanks a reason to use their taunt and build aggro from time to time.

Also, regarding getting stuck in the middle of a boss, have you tried moving away from it after Cleaving? Have you tried Cleaving in a direction that isn’t clicking on the boss but still gets the boss hit but the big mother-loving aoe that Void Cleave has?

It’s a challenge for you to solve and improve as a player, not a deficiency that the devs need to correct.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.