BUG, rune of removal ALWAYS removes DODGE!

Tinfoil hat time: I literally have tried to remove anything BUT dodge 30+ times in a row, it ALWAYS REMOVES DODGE!!! This is beyond random, it’s a pattern, can you PLEASE check it out?

Yes, that is certainly your tin foil hat.

The tune of removal rolls each tier of each affix and picks one to remove.

Oh so w.e. is the highest tier is the most likely to be removed. So since he wanted if the dodge was probably high tier and everything else low. Makes sense.

Also means I don’t think I’ll ever bother using rune of removal again tho.

1 Like

Can you provide a video using runes of removal of this bug occurring? It would help us identify the error and reproduce it. Thanks!

i just checked; it’s definitely removing the highest tier mod, but frankly isn’t that a bit, oh I dunno, anti player?? getting GOOD rolls on ONE needed stat just means it’s impossible to remove the junk. Gotta mull this over if this is really how it works, don’t know if I think this is fair. RANDOM = fair, deleting the highest tier? UNFAIR https://i.imgur.com/wfgsTee.png

Seems to me that it makes more sense to just remove each of them in a 1/4 chance. Tiers really shouldn’t matter imho. It’s already risky enough to risk 25% of losing an exhalt stat in order to get another slot for a t5. If it’s actually say 7/11 chance of losing the exalt… Don’t think I would ever bother even trying that roll.

Possibly, but keep in mind that the game has to hand out loot sparingly, otherwise everyone will be walking around in full T7 in no time. This is one lever the devs use to control how much “good” loot you obtain.

If they removed this constraint, they would also need to reduce the amount of loot that drops to compensate. Personally, I’d rather more loot drop and I destroy a few items (via bad crafting luck) along the way to getting my BiS gear. More fun that way (at least for me!)

How many times did you try and what were the tiers of mods?

We could possibly ask @EHG_Mike if he could rin the code a few million times to make sure that it is just doing an RNG on the relative tiers. But at the moment this is sounding just as tin foil hat as the old belief that the actual fracture chance was way higher than the game was telling us.

If that was an item with t7 t2 t2 then yeah, I’d agree with you. It’s far more likely to remove the t7 that you want to keep than one of the t2s that you don’t. However I’d also suggest that a t7 t2 item wouldn’t be particularly useful to get up to t7 t5 t5 t5 since that’s an awful lot of crafting still to do. I’m not sure that I’d expect to be able to easily craft up to 4x t5 from a t5 t2 start.

1 Like

We are looking into this. Thanks!

For early monoliths any t7 item with a good focus on your build is good. However let’s expand. Say we got a super item.

T7 t6 t7, and finally a t1 that wasn’t useful. Now if you had a 1 in 4 shot of stripping that t1 it might be worth it to get a god item. You only got a 25% success rate, but hell it’s the difference between high tier and mid tier so maybe roll.

But the truth is it’s a 20:1 chance of getting one of the ones you don’t want stripped. No one is keeping an item with low tier affixes they wanted and high tiers they don’t want.

For most players the tune of removal is just going to be a stupid way to ruin decent endgame drops.

I think that since 99% of the time this is used they want 3/4, and equal shot for any is fair. A 75% chance to ruin your item is a decent enough balance as is. Maybe something like rolling twice for exhalts would be ok, but it’s rather insane to have it roll for every single tier. Unless you got like 30 duplicates I can’t see any real reason to try.

Then again I think I’m still more likely to use that one than the total wipe rune. Not entirely sure why that one even exists to be perfectly honest.

IMO, in that example of a t7 t6 t7 t1, that is so phenomenally rare I wouldn’t want to touch it, especially if the t6 and t7 affixes were even moderately useful. Especially since the t6 and 7 affixed had a significant numerical buff in 0.8.1.

The rune of cleansing is there for early game when a new base drops with good implicits but bad affixes. You can then wipe the affixes and put something useful on it. Yes it’s a fairly niche usage scenario no it’s not useless.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.