Bug report - Cannot continue quest after dying right after defeating a story boss

Hello,
I encountered a strange bug in the quest “The Lance of Heorot” :

• I arrived in the Tomb of Morditas, defeated the boss, grabbed the lance BUT died right after (thank you aura of decay).
  • And now I have to “speak with Grael” but he only have one line of dialogue and my only choice is to “grab the lance”.
  • The lance is still stuck inside the frozen mob with a question mark above it, just like a normal quest objective, but is now unclickable.

I tried restarting the game & computer but to no avail, I don’t really know what to do.
If someone encountered it, how did you solve this ?

Thank you,
Eredann

2 Likes

I have a similar issue where my computer crashed as I was supposed to jump ship with ALRIC. Now he is just stuck in the cage waiting for me to jump ship with him but there is no option anymore to do so… pretty game breaking since my entire quest progression is blank now.

3 Likes

Have a similar problem, After killing the boss my inventory was full so I decided to go back to town to vendor before looting a few other items and completing the quest.

When I got back the boss was respawned, so I killed him again, now I couldn’t progress passed the “Speak with Grael” part and whenever I re enter the zone whether after restarting or just warping in and out the boss respawns and I can just kill it endlessly without progressing. Like the poster I’ve tried restarting my game and computer with no luck

2 Likes

I am having the exact same problem. I too cannot loot the lance and move the game forward. Stuck Grinding this boss over and over. Also the quest state says 'Speak with Grael.

3 Likes

I am also stuck on not able to retrieve the lance.

Have also attached my CHARACTERSLOT_BETA file.

1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_1.txt (26.8 KB)

1 Like

And there is no NPC to talk to if you go to the town?

In any case, we’ll take a look. Thanks for the report!

No there is no NPC in town. There is only Gael, I can speak to him but it does nothing.
Thank you for looking into this !

1 Like

Okay, thanks.

Please help as I’m stuck on the Lance of Heorot quest also. Here is some detail in the event it helps solve the problem.

• The quest and mini map quest marker say to talk to Grael in the boss room (Tomb of Morditas).
  • If I talk to Grael the dialog options says “I’ll grab the lance”.
  • If I try to grab the lance, the gold question mark icon is there, but it won’t let me pick up the lance by clicking on the lance or figure holding it.
  • Talking to Grael in town does not complete the quest.
  • If I hit M to open the map the quest log there says the step “Take the Lance of Heorot” is complete.
  • I have restarted my game and this is still happening.

The problem might be that after I killed the boss the first time I just automatically clicked on the lance with out talking to Grael first.

oXJerXo#9472 on discord if you have any questions and would like to summon me. I’ll try to keep an eye on this post, but will be AFK somewhat.

1 Like

Latest patch fixed issue, thankyou!

1 Like

Very glad to hear it!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.