Bows, only for rogues ?

Hello,

In Last Epoch, almost all weapons can be used by anyone, but the bows ?
I can build a rogue with a 2H Hammer, but i cannot really play a Primalist with a Bow ?

Do you know of any viable build using Bow not being a Rogue ?

Don’t you think it’s not fair, or it’s a waste, to have one full class of weapons (bow) reserved for only one (sub) class ?

1 Like

I am not sure if that’s a design decision or just a technical limitation for now.

All the other classes do not have any skills that would make much sense using a bow.
Some of the other classes would need reworks/overhauls of exisiting skills or new skills added, that would make sense using a bow.

But we should definitely know from the devs, if they even intend to make bow usable by other classes in the future.

It was likely a time issue, since they’d need to create a load more animations & stuff for any bow-compatible skills. I think they said as much on discord.

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes sense.

If they overhaul or add new skills for the other classes, i hope they try to do some “few unique” skills, instead of giving most of the skills ranged options.

I would prefer rogue being the “primary” bow class and just give the other classes some unique oustanding bow skills, if any.

It’s on our radar. Llama8 was right in that we needed to focus on rogue for this patch. We already had to create a ton of dual wielding animations for the other classes and all the animations for the rogue. We also would have had to either create new skills or rework old ones and we were already making 17 new skills from scratch.

We haven’t set our sights on how or if we are going to implement bows for other classes yet. Someone on discord made a good suggestion for serpent strike getting a bow version but we haven’t even started to talk about that yet.

7 Likes

Sounds very good. Thanks for the insight.

I think there are definitely cool opportunities for some cool bow skills on other classes for sure, like you said with Serpent Strike.

As i already said, i just hope that IF any of the other classes get bow skills, they are truely cool and unique. So they don’t get ANY bow skills just for the sake of adding bow availability to that class.

Yeah, I think the Primalist & Sentinel should get some bow-based skills, since the bow was historically used for hunting (Primalist) & war (Sentinel).

1 Like

Ohhhh yes, Primalist/BM with a bow version of Serpent Strike and we have really nice Ranger/Hunter build then,

These weird class limitation really hurts the game imho. I just checked item data base and tons of great minion physical affixes would work well on a necro with physical minion, yet all of them got limited to primalist??? whats the logic with that??

Let everything be available to everyone bar very special uniques/class specific affixes so we can figure our own path out of it please.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.