Bone Curse + Illusion of Pain

Illusion of Pain states to cause player hits to always crit and add %150 damage. As a new character who has just reached the node, it does not work other than the 6 second cooldown.

I am self casting bone curse, expecting my next hit to crit with additional damage, my average damage does not improve nor does the next hit crit. It does consume the curse on the enemy however.

I have attempted the hit with Basic attack, Rip blood, and minions. I have tested on monsters and the dummy. The skill seems to not have any interaction whatsoever other than applying the curse visually. It seems to just… Not work by itself at all.

1 Like

It’s only the Bone Curse damage that crits. If it was supposed to apply to other skills it would say that it’s a global effect.

Bone curse doesn’t do anything when you apply illusion of pain. That’s the issue. It just doesn’t do anything at all. It falls off after one hit BEFORE it activates.

A skill node should not completely destroy a skill from even working.

Additionally, Bone Curse as a skill causes a secondary damage application whenever an enemy cursed by it is hit. It does nothing by itself regardless without an outside source of damage. Removing the ability for an outside source (falling off before activating the skill itself after a hit) makes it completely useless as if the skill didn’t exist.

I insist anyone make a necromancer, get bone curse, apply a straight path to Illusion of Pain, and test it on a dummy or anything really.

1 Like

Illusion of Pain doesn’t cause Bone Curse to fall off before it can cause damage. Illusion of Pain causes the Bone Curse damage proc to always crit & do 150% more damage compared to not having the node.

That’s not to say the node doesn’t have issues/bugs. If you also have Cursed Limbs and Crimson Enlightenment and your minions are the ones doing the hits to proc it then any Bone Curse Damage procs will always crit (due to Illusion of Pain) when they shouldn’t.

This appears to be a visual issue with the damage number. From what I can see, the Bone Curse ailment is properly applying and dealing damage when another skill is used, but the damage number for this proc does not appear. We’re investigating this internally, thanks for the report!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.