Binding spacebar button prevents chat or search function usage

As per title, I bound Space to the Close All / Open Main Menu keybind because I’m used to it from other games.

Unfortunately doing so seems to prevent the player from using any chat or textbox because the Action bound to the key takes precedence over the text input (when i try to type in chat or in a search textbox, the window will close / the Main Menu will open)

On a side note, for practical purposes I think the keybind should be split into two different binds or, if only one has to be chosen, the Close All bind is in my opinion the one important keybind that many people will want to have, since it’s a staple of the genre to be able to quickly get “back into the action” with the press of a button.
It’s also important for it to be separated from any other action (like Open Menu) because it’s a bit inconsistent to have a “clear screen” button that, when pressed again, actually “locks” the player out of the action by opening something else.
On this same note, I think the Close All action should also close the Overlay Map when used.

I made a note of the issue.

Your feedback could be better reported in feedback section of forums. If you want a feature or don’t like a feature I would suggest posting it there as well.

Thanks for the report.

I want to add to this because I had the chance to experiment a bit more.

It seems that this particular issue is broader than I thought. For example, if I try to quick move an item to/from the stash with shift-right click the character casts the ability bound to right click (Use Ability 5). This happens with vendors and the Forge too.

A similar thing happens with health potions (that i rebound to the 1 key) when editing a rule in the loot filter Edit Rule window, specifically in this input box: https://imgur.com/a/JCvQPiz

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.