Beta 0.8.5d Patch Notes

Awwwwww snap, Tempest Strik… Oh. Well better luck next time.
Can’t wait to try the mono changes, as I play them casually (IE like Mike) anyways.

No showing of the uniques sad…

Interested to see how the key changes play out. Just by looking at it might be better to farm keys in t1 dungeons.

Dang it… I was about to go to work… turning back around to farm some uniques lol

Waiting for the update on the lastepochtools for showing the new uniques

Ooooooo nice! Love the update and stability changes. Can’t wait to see more about the new uniques :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Is there some new two handed axe? I just got a drop of Warriors fire lich scythe, lvl76 requirements. No 2d weapon art, just a big red X instead.

This is a known bug that we will be fixing.

1 Like

The fix for this has just been put out on Steam and should be out for Standalone shortly.

Just want to say thank you for these recent hotfixes, some of these feel closer to a small patch, which is nice.
Refreshing to see consistent positive attention, no matter how big or small.

Seems to be a nice update, ty!

Some really solid work in here, good job team

Me likey the key drop increase and the stability adjustment. Although it feels like the mobs in MF arenas are more aggressive and quicker but I don’t see that in the notes

Is this 0.8.6??? :thinking: Nice Job EHG

1 Like

Just checked the items on lastepochtools.
Epic stuff!
A couple of the items are fairly meh… E.g. the mountain helmet. But that’s ok, I guess.

Then some of the items are absolutely bonkers. I mean, Rogue’s ring, Penumbra really?! WTF?
And the quiver with 50% penetration?
Or the shaman belt with totem dmg immunity…
And this whole Damned synergy on multiple Acolyte items.
Crazy stuff! Super strong!

And then… And then there is Mage, of course. Who got jackshit. Same as always.
(Except slightly better Avarice, which is not mage specific, and some Sentinel boots, which can be used in Spellblade’s Surge builds).

Please tell honestly, EHG, do you guys kinda love Mages less than other classes?

I didn’t play the game since January, despite the March’s 0.8.5, because literally nothing changed for Mage since 0.8.4 – no skill changes, no new gear, no new mechanics. I can’t try new builds, therefore the game is boring for me.

And now that literally every subclass got some new toys to play around, except Sorc, I feel double as bitter.

Sorry for the rant and good job on the otherwise awesome patch!

2 Likes

Seems to me the Mage was so liked by EHG they made a strong class and hasnt needed the help the other classes needs.

As far as I know Mage has the highest legit corruption/arena pushes which means on paper its the strongest class

I never said Mage is weak. The novaboy/lightning blast build was #1 for ages. But that’s just one build. Now there’s also Frostbite build with Snowdrifts. Which is nice, but that makes it two.

I’m saying there haven’t been any DIVERSITY in mage builds for a VERY long time. It’s just same stuff over and over, while other classes get new toys/skills/reworks every patch.

And speaking of strength:

Only 7 builds for the last 5 months (), of which only 3 are capable of high corruption/T4 Julra. The rest is just some meme bullshit.

And out of those 3 only ONE is something new entirely (Frostbite build, which came after the Snowdrifts were introduced). The rest are just remakes of some older builds (and more often than not – the remake is worse than the original).

Mage is my favourite class to play, but due to the lack of change to it, it is the most boring now.

Not entirely sure I’d agree with that, not from looking at the leaderboards at any rate.

I just want my Spellblade back… I know it was too godlike and needed the nerfing it got a long time ago, but its just not the same anymore… and other builds/classes are now, at least imho, more fun and powerful… I still miss him tho and hope he gets some love again. :wink:

4 Likes

To be honest the ehp we can get on some builds now is more than that build got. It’s a shame. I miss it too.

1 Like

The reason for Rahyeh’s actions scourging the lands has finally been made clear, his reserves were taken. Get your hands on a bottle of Rahyeh’s Reserves Today!

1 Like