Beta 0.8.5c Patch Notes

Yeah, it needs a total overhaul, not just numbers changes. It has support for pets, hit based melee (primarily crit), AoE melee DoT, and Spell damage DoT. Everything lacks synergies. Scaling pets makes everything but the locusts irrelevant. Scaling hits probably means scaling crit, which doesn’t work with the pets or the DoTs from its triggered spells or swarm. Scaling the swarm requires so much investment it really can’t be used with the DoT spells and the play-style of the ability is atrocious. Scaling the DoT spells means ignoring the locust and swarmstrike scaling so you’re just focused on dashes and armblade slashes to do damage.

The skill is fundamentally broken. It either needs a full redesign with coherenet synergies in mind, or they should just break it into two different transformations and have each be a more focused design around half of what Swarmblade is currently doing.

On the plus side, the timing of all this worked out for me. I had an idea for a Druid that I wanted to tinker around with but didn’t really want to go through the leveling process with a build that wouldn’t come online until the mid 70’s due to gear level requirements. I used broken state of Locust Swarm to powerlevel through to Empowered Monoliths, which I just finished yesterday. I had just enough time to get through all that before the nerf, so I’m pretty happy about that.

4 Likes

I tried doing a manual integrity check. It shows it on the download screen that it is verifying however on the actual window it never completes. For the reboot do you mean a full restart of my computer or just steam? i have tried restarting steam a couple of times and even completely shutting steam down with task manager and it still is giving me that error.

Reboot the whole machine…

Vapour’s solution worked.

The bonus applies to arena enemies and gate enemies, but not beacon enemies.
Just double checking this is what is intended.

Restarting the computer fixed it. Thank you very much.

1 Like

Yes! Love the Monolith changes. And we all saw the Swarmblade nerf coming. Good move.

Even though you have an avatar only a mother could love, I’m liking these updates.

1 Like

Well said and I agree 100%

I love it!

Love the bonus stability and I appreciate that you are trying to fix the locusts. But in my opinion you need to say goodbye to summon hive. It makes the whole locust experience clunky and not fun to use. Instead locusts should just spawn automatically.

1 Like

and it can be earned AFTER the mission objective is completed… might seem insignificant but its a serious QoL addition… appreciated!

The whole “tracking” of enemies killed in an echo was already present before. (More loot from the loot chest at the end).

It already worked after completing the objective as well.

I am almost certain that this Stability gain is just using that same tracking mechanism.

1 Like

Hmm… I have my doubts on that score… From quite a bit of testing when I first started playing, I found that unless you cleared BEFORE completing the Objective, the chest didnt have any additional boosts… the difference to me was VERY obvious if you cleared first…

The problem with this is, that it’s very hard to track, because loot is random anyway.

So sometimes you might get more/better loot with elss clearing, if you are particularly lucky.

I also did a lot of testing ages ago, and I am very certain it already worked that way and that’s how I always said it worked.

Gonna have to disagree… I must have at least 50 Monos testing this specifically and every single time I cleared first, the chest dropped a crap ton… every time I sprinted through without clearing first, the chest drops were mediocre - EVEN if i cleared after the objective was done…

So nope… Unless a dev confirms that I am wrong, I am gonna have to disagree… Rnd drop quantities or not… sorry.

If only there were a place to ask…

1 Like

Great changes all around. The risk of losing Gaze stacks on death adds some healthy tension to the fight. The spawn randomization is refreshing and something I longed for without realizing. I loaded into an echo and rather than instinctively teleporting, I took my hands off the keyboard and thought Where do I go from here?

Good stuff.

So after last patch/hotfix.

Performance is absolute garbage, long loading screens, lag, fps tanks, no its not my pc, it was fine before this patch.

Cannot complete the quest where you lure out the osprix leader, it just wont spawn, yes, ive turned it off and on again.

Since beacon void spawns also don’t reward any experience or drop loot I bet this is intended.