Beta 0.8.2 Patch Notes

Awesome stuff!

“Chance to summon a bee with Acid Flask grants 6% to 17% (from 5% to 15%)”

Beedancer Rogue!?

1 Like

Thanks for all your hard work! Looking forward to checking out Necro and re-ordering tabs :smiley:

Is this really necessary?

Also RIP Shadow Daggers, I dont agree with the way it was handled. The point was to put in huge investment to hit certain breakpoints so you could proc it at least every second hit, getting it to 1 hit required imo the highest investment of any build in this game

Why is the Shadow Daggers change listed as a bug fix? It was pretty clearly stated by Mike W in the discord that it was the intended behavior for it to reduce the daggers needed to plunge. Just list it as a proper balance change as it is instead of hiding behind it being a bug fix when it’s anything but.

Build will still do a ton of damage, just a larger delay and clunkier.

What about focus?
With new base mana regen its now even more bad then before.
Devs said they were looking into it. But i was wrong.

The miscommunication there is likely my fault. I probably just thought it was how it was supposed to work and didn’t dig too deep.

It wasn’t the intended initial design by our lead designer. The main problem with the breakpoints like that is it has exponential increasing returns with higher and higher investment. As the increased effectiveness goes up the damage it deals goes up and interval goes down so they multiply with each other. The rate that the returns increase at is increasing.

In general we tend to avoid increasing returns but increasing increasing returns is a problem.

1 Like

HYPE! Haven’t played in a few patches now so I’m super excited to see all the new changes.

Oh, very well then. Thanks for clearing that up that it was in fact a bug! I totally understand why it needed to be nerfed, it was insane for exactly the reason you said.

I like the overall changes because what is left out here is that you can now put mana regeneration of 5 items instead of 4 and that tier 5 is about 105% increased affect with it being 35% now instead of 17%.

Now while that 35% is boosting a base of 8 and not 10 what this means overall along with new passives nodes for each class that increase mana regen is that builds that need the mana regen can now efficiently build into and have more progression with it as your character progresses.

My number may be wrong as im just going off patch notes but without taking passives into account or skills:

Old max mana regen with 4 tier 5(max rolls) = 16.8 Mana/second (4x17%)(10 base)
New max mana regen with 5 Tier 5(max rolls) = 22 Mana/Second (5x35%)(8 base)

So overall its a boost, if you build into it.

1 Like

Thank you for this! I can only imagine the amount of work it took just writing these notes up, let alone the monster of a patch that it is. Looking forward to the next chapter of LE.

Mana regen is a troll affix and destroyer of gear

I think getting 3x T5 Mana regen previously went from 10>12

To get around this I just dont play characters that spend much mana, guess that wont change. At least they didnt nerf Smite on use from triggered throws

2 Likes

Hmm, so 100% more damage at the cost of having to always hit 4 times…

thats a 200% nerf to me or if someone wants to correct me

You just lost 3/4 of your damage but gained 100% base damage. Actually its more like you lost 75% attack speed if you played it from a pure hit based build

I had been playing it 206% shadow dagger effect - so 2 procs per hit. Its very good but still chasing that T6-7 roll to send it to space but alas that character will be respec’d…again. If I ever got hold of 250% effect I was going to try it with a Marksman

Its 100% increased not more i believe, but shadow dagger itself seems to still be able to crit for even more damage now, its just that it takes 4 hits. So yes DPS is lower but the actual hits by shadow dagger are greater.

Even with the worst possible rolls on 3 tier 5’s you would have been higher than 13 mana but i feel ya, it should be better especially since you can get mana regen in passives now as well.

with only 4 affixes per item its not perfect solution to invest 5 affixes into mana regen and hope they are perfect rolled.
Also mana efficiency affix removed.
Some skills like focus are even worse now with new regen base.
I agree that mana management must not be free, but the investment must be reasonable

Comparing Perfect rolled to perfect rolled was just to compare apples to apples. The odds of even 1 have a max roll is slim I know.

I feel like if placing 5 affixes for mana Regen makes it so you can spam a skill without need to wait it would be worth it, the questions is are these changes enough to make it feel worth it to the player to invest. Guess we will find out soon :slight_smile:

I have only been able to read the patch notes between breaks this morning but did Bhuldars Wrath and perma stun EQ actually survive this patch? thats crazy if so as you could stunlock everything in the game not allowing it to move or do anything until it was dead. bonus points if you could stunlock all 3 Spirit of Fire bosses at once

For me nothing will change as I avoid mana spenders as much as possible and you will most likely run out of mana anyway against timeline bosses so you will most likely need a generator anyway…so all you did was make yourself a bit weaker for a bit of QoL - the best builds in this game dont seem to be tied down to mana anyway

I didnt see anything that said it got changed, but doesnt mean that it didnt. Also, Bhuldars wrath actually got a boost in overall damage so… :slight_smile:

But Earthquake didnt get changed in that sense

The fundamental issue is EQ has a stun node linked to a normal 6? second cooldown so its not meant to be spammed. Bhludars Wrath skips the cooldown of EQ…but does nothing to the stun value itself and im of the opinion if you can stunlock something to death and completely shut it down then it almost invalidates everything such as Life/Defence, you just want Cooldown recovery and damage

See you in Eterra!!

Guys this amount of work is insane! This is not a new patch, its more like a DLC or Expansion!! Thank you :kiss: