Best tank?

Looking through the skills I think rogue might actually be the strongest tank due to shuriken giving 210% increase to armor along with a big increase to receive glancing blows from apostacy. Mage might be a close second with how much ward they are able to gain.

Not sure I agree with Rogue but a Warded Spellblade is damn tanky… Boardman21s regifter paladin with close to 2000 health regen/s and plenty of health/armour/block would be in my top 5 tanks.

A Paladin with high block chance, strong resists and capped endurance is also a very good tank.
A Spriggan Druid can also be tanky. Mine was able to facetank the Emperor of Corpses (in normal timeline).

A low life werebear is probably quite tanky as well since they can get lots of hp to be converted to ward/sec as well as a lot of % damage reduction (ignoring endurance) from Aspect of the Boar/Porcine Constitution, Ursine Strength, Berserker & a decent amount of armour (Briargard, Barkskin, Oaken Form & Silent Protector).

1 Like

Tankiest imo is Forge Guard and Lich (when Deathseal is up)

Lich has vastly more recovery but FG can take serious damage, however FG struggles with DoT’s

FG has up to 5 types of dmg reduction available but your build will be extremely weak if you dont use minions.

FG has 55% from Vengeance, 15% from Jug Stance, 20% from Anvil/Forge if you hit with a melee attack last, 10%? from nearby enemies and then finally up to 60% endurance with around 5k armor. which can scale to 10-12k from FG passive. weak mobs hit me for about 15 damage in 300+ corruption zones with buffs up, Pair it with 150+ hp regen and Ring of Shields with a little Healing Effectiveness giving 400ish per heal and he doesnt die often, sometimes even Shade cant even do anything

Lich isnt really tanky at all but their ridiculous recovery, Reaper Form and ways to constantly leech ie Wandering Spirits make them really hard to kill now Endurance is in the game. On my Lich who has only gone to 140 corruption from casual play has NEVER been knocked out of Reaper Form while Deathseal is up deadlocking hp at 33%…if the Lich is reduced to 2% HP they get even more reduction up to 48% + 60% endurance

1 Like

I love that there are many different answers to this :grinning:

5 Likes

Needless to say, @EHG_Mike isn’t one of them…

Yeah it truly is.

My personal tankiest build is my LowLife Non-Ward Lich.

Over 2,5k Health with over 833 HP as “Low Life Pool”, which is entirely covered by my endurance threshold with 60% Endurance, Death Seal (33% DR on average), almost permanent Bone Armour (12% DR) from bone Curse and improved Bone Armour on demand from Transplant (15,6% Dr) and 41% Armour.

That’s not a tank, that’s a fortress!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.