Bad/Missing Texture in "The End of Time"

Pic of Bug

DxDiag.txt (112.5 KB)

Player.log (182.1 KB)

le_graphicsmanager.ini (489 Bytes)

Hey…

Thats messed up…

Is it there after a restart of the game? On any character? Or is it just a transient issue you saw once?

If it is, maybe try verifying the game files via Steam to make sure something isnt corrupted…

Maybe toggle the in-game graphics settings temporarily up to a higher Texture level or change resolution and see if it corrects itself…

The patch 0.8.2. thats meant to launch tomorrow is changing a lot on the UI etc so it may be worth waiting till after this patch - just in case the issue is resolved by that too…

Before I restarted the game I toggled each setting to Very High and the problem persisted.

I shut down the game and verified files, all files were good but the problem does seem to be gone now.

This was the only character this has happened on, but did persist through reloading the area. I’ll update if I can recreate.

Cool… Probably just some once-off beta, chase my tail, type bug… :wink:

But if it isnt, and it happens after the patch 0.8.2 goes live tomorrow then it would probably be important to update this thread…

Okay so post update and the same thing happened on a different character.

DxDiag2.txt (112.5 KB)

Player.log (441.7 KB)

le_graphicsmanager.ini (477 Bytes)

I tend to run through the previous many areas without porting around to sell. This character was started today and the game has been running since I created her.

Also includes this bit.

Pity its still there… but thanks for the update - at least the devs have something to go on now…

Cannot really see anything obvious in the files you provided other than to make a comment about playing the game in Ultra mode and not using the framerate limiting…

Plenty of people have stability (crashes) & graphical issues (missing textures, black screens) when trying Ultra settings. You are not crashing so you seem to be ok, but it could very well be that this is somehow involved… If you are willing, I’d set the game to Medium graphics and play for a few hours on different chars and see if this problem is still repeatable… If it is, then this could just be a different problem unrelated to Ultra… Unforutnately I cannot say for sure which settings will be most likely to cause an issue like this… to test, I would just toggle them all to Medium…

Also… regarding framerate limits - LE is known to max out GPU usage (for no visible or apparent reason) if you leave the framerate unlimited. Once it does this things start to get a little hairy… Even guys/gals/theys using 3000 series GPUs etc recommend that you set this to a practical limit (e.g. monitor refresh) or no more than 120 to 144 dependin on your resolution & gpu & prefered settings… Probably has nothing to do with your missing texture but I thought I would mention it…

Also as a side note… I do recall a while ago, graphic glitches with a guy who overclocked his GPU - are you doing anything like this?

Same Bug

https://imgur.com/Mb0cArj

https://imgur.com/Y4IkODh

Player.log (1.1 MB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (504 Bytes)

This is a known bug and shows up from time to time. We haven’t yet been able to reproduce it internally.

Thanks for the report.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.