Autopickup affixes and send them directly to forge

I suspect quite a bit of it may be due to this topic coming up fairly frequently and the devs having commented on it fair frequently (probably more so on discord). It does feel like this (and trade & mana potions) are topics where there is nothing new under the sun (ie, everything that can be said has been said).

Hi, Iā€™m definitely in favor of autopicking crafting materials, or in settings to have the option to turn on/off autopicking.
Or at least have the option to enlarge the sign when shard drop(kind of like in loot filter), personally itā€™s too small for me and hard to click onā€¦

I am also in favor of autopickup for affixes. After a certain point of having numerous shards, players will just stop reading what shard is on the ground. This counters the objective of shard drop being rewarding. It becomes annoyance instead.

A compromise would be for the loot filter to be applicable to shards as well. It will reduce the amount of clicks and should be simple to develop given that the current loot filter already have all the affixes.

I think this is an absolutely excellent suggestion.

I understand the ā€œloot explosionā€ psychological explanation and its value to some players. I also understand the tedium of picking things up. Myself, as a player who hates to leave anything laying on the ground (OCD issue), picking up affixes after my 30th mono of the day is pretty painful but I canā€™t leave things laying around making the place untidy.

Having a toggle would be a superb compromise.

Also, on the discussion of duplicate posts, again I see the merits in both sides of the debate. Older players can get fed up with seeing the same posts, newer players donā€™t always have the time or inclination to do lengthy searches & reading. Sometimes they just want to express their own opinion asap, sometimes older topics are locked out.

I think the way around this is sadly forum moderation (sucks to be those people). Forums mods should make stickies for oft repeated topics and merge in new topics into those threads. This would be a ton of work for forums mods, but then again maybe some of the older players who live in the forums would volunteer to fill those roles as community forum mods?

Either way, itā€™s important for the continuing future of the community here if we are all a little patient with newer players just arriving. I think we need to greet them all in the nature that we would wish to be greeted. Planting the seeds for a continuing civil and pleasant forum/game community, rather than one based on antagonism :smiley:

2 Likes

On a side note. (this thread is pretty derailed anyway, mods asleep)

How does it normally work when the developers answer to feedback and suggestions?

It would be nice to be able to see the result of community involvement, what features are changed/added/removed because of the active community

Also regarding dev posts. Is there a dev tracker? I have tried using @developer as posted by in search, but that didnā€™t work.
That would be an awesome feature, a dev tracker. I have seen it in other forums.

/Simon

The devs would reply and give one of the following:

• respectfully disagree 'cause itā€™s not how they want the game to work
  • respectfully disagree but open to change at some point in the future
  • nice to have at some point in the future (eg, non-gender locked classes)
  • already planned
  • something else
  • Llama is correct

A dev tracker would be nice.

1 Like

Well, by reading the reason why they want to it to be the way it is and comparing it to my experience i want to give my opinion. Personally i donā€™t even read the shards anymore, i just vacuum them and auto send them to the forge whenever i open my inventory, which makes so i donā€™t pay attention even when i drop a shard that i should be excited (like a +levels to x skill that i am using).

So a possible idea would be:
1- Divide all shards by rarity; Common, uncommon and rare.
2- Common shards are vacuumed and go directly to the forge;
3- Uncommon and rare shards donā€™t vacuum and players can choose if they want them to go directly to the forge or not;

This way picking up the vast majority of the shards would not be a pain, while providing some excitement when a rarer shard drops.

1 Like

oh bro , this is a must to do changeā€¦

Personally, I donā€™t mind having to actively pick up the shards. I donā€™t understand why they are treated as an inventory item, though. I canā€™t imagine it is any kind of engine limitation given that shards that are picked up in End of Time are automatically transferred to the forge rather than landing in inventory.

Ultimately, if I were to request any kind of change here it would probably be that as a middle ground. Manual pick up/auto transfer. Either way, itā€™s far from a deal breaker for me, so Iā€™ll happily take whatever the devs ultimately choose to do (even if I end up wishing they chose differently).

Diablo 3 took those away from inventory because ppl started to duplicate them. No duplicate without an itemā€¦

Never heard of such a thing.
The only dupes that I know of in D3 have been achieved by the rollback scam, and that duped everything not just materials.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.