Autocast using numlock, is there another way?

I don’t hate it because of that actually (and I mainly play Paladins so I get a LOT of Sigil use :D). I’m a bit peeved that the INSTANT cast node (not auto cast) is so far out on the outlier of the tree. I honestly don’t think it would bother me to cast it ‘often’ if it didn’t completely disrupt my moving around and attacking.

I don’t think that’ll be the case. If you just hold down the keys for Devouring Orb & Anomaly, it’ll work just fine.

2 Likes

Because I was on a mac and numlock is a pain in the ass, this is essentially what I did for the entirety of playing D3. It’s also what I do now when I do one of the Acolyte builds that has Wandering Souls or something. Or how I use Lunge on my Paladins.

Think in it’s passive state holy aura is pretty overturned lol. I would rather it be something that at least has some mana degen per point spent in the tree to maintain buffs. It’s a pretty massive global buff with no real downsides. I will be curious about what the devs do in the future with this ability when group play is on the table.

But yah I don’t spam click to buff it on cd so it’s not as big as a problem as other abilities so I grip about it less in that regard.

That completely avoids the point I was making. The point is that some skills are hot garbage if not constantly cast. Numlock is just a good way to help prevent knuckle pain from constantly holding down 2 to 3 buttons. People would just tape the buttons down at that point.

The skills themselves need to be changed in some way. I really like devouring orb. It’s a skill that needs cast ASAP when off CD. Rather than just making knuckle pain. Why not change the skill. Leave the functionality the way it is, but either add an autocast, or something else. Make it a toggle that puts on the max number of orbs and drains mana over time. Maybe they just need to rework the Dark Moon chain. Keep the orbit part, but change how its cast and paid for.

As Deliya said above, their functionality isn’t interactive to begin with.

1 Like

If I can’t use numlock to cast wandering spirits or to cast wolves and howl, then I’ll just use a keyboard macro. Some skills are just made to cast when available, not when I have time to see if they’re available or not.

Which the devs also don’t like…

1 Like

Cant wait to see devs try and enforce no numlock when the most popular build creator advises they use it on every build

Well, we all speculated on what we though they’d do with the Loot Filter and, personally, my mind was blown. So I’m willing to bet they’ll come up with something that’s interesting to do with the skills that makes numlock irrelevant. (e.g. I don’t think they’ll try to police numlock, I think they’ll adapt the skills so it will be unnecessary to use.)

Loot filter is mandatory feature now in aRPG and Path of Exiles can play any sound I want when any item I want drops and make any color/style of highlighting I want so I guess im spoiled but the filter in LE is extremely basic - in PoE when a specific valuable item drops for me the Final Fantasy 7 win theme plays for example

Also if you play on a controller you cant even use numlock to autocast as when you do, your character is locked to the floor and you cant move or act using the controller - so there isnt even level playing field here currently

And just think, all this while it’s still in beta? Can you imagine how good it’s going to be when the game is as old as Poe or ff7?

I’m confident. I’ve seen their track record so far. The way they listen to feed back. Engage us with questions. I think they’ll have a great “answer” to the num lock issue.

1 Like

What was the first iteration of PoE’s loot filter like?

Just don’t. You know people will always compare year old stuff with beta content ;).

In response to the original post I use Voice attack to automate keystrokes:
If you are technical minded you can programme voice attack to constanly repeat keystrokes, hit a key every X seconds also have kill commands for autocasting for when you are not in combat.

In regards to autocasting, in general its hard to stop because of programmes like voice attack and more importantly builds like my void cleric void knight would stop being fun and become nightmares.
In short dev’s please don’t ban hammer automated keystrokes.

1 Like

It had been years since the PoE release when they finally implemented a loot filter.

In the end noone can prevent players using keyboard macros. You cant even detect them cause every standard software can randomly change key hold times and delays between button press…

So it has to be simply unatractiv to use a auto cast skill if you want to prevent it being a thing.

Very strong short duration buffs on a long cooldown e.g. will never be used on auto.

On the other hand low cd, low duration buffs …

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.